Mechanical Team Manager
Billings, MT Posted: 6/18/2021
Our client is a top California EPC firm that specializes in the design and construction of industrial process, manufacturing, life science, and high technology facilities. They are looking for a Mechanical Team Manager to lead the Company"s mechanical engineers and designers located across all their offices and work locations. Your primary responsibility in this position will include leading a team of engineers and designers on a variety of green field, brown field, and revamp facilities across diverse industries. You will report into the Managing Director for the company"s Execute Team and will have the option to be based in their Billings, MT office or alternatively from one of their other office locations or remotely in a regional area their work.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrates awareness and commitment to health, safety and environmental issues and addresses those issues as necessary to ensure zero harm to all employees, clients, contractors with zero environmental incidents.
- Applies a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of engineering as related to the variety of aspects affecting their organization.
- Applies knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve critical issues and/or unique conditions.
- Reviews and approves operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measure.
- Interacts regularly with clients, vendors, contractors, consultants, and jurisdictional agencies.
- Able to identify, communicate, and drive value creation through innovative engineering design.
- Drives utilization of cost-effective resourcing (e.g., HVE) where appropriate.
- Drives performance management efforts and ensures accountabilities and responsibilities are clearly understood within their team.
- Drives succession planning efforts for their department, including employee development and promotion.
- Responsible for all hiring activities within their team.
- Participates in development of labor hour estimates and proposals for new projects.
- Collaborates with the Business Development team to identify new project opportunities and client offerings.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting their organization for the purpose of recommending changes in programs or applications.
- Interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates assignments.
- Oversees a staff of engineers and technicians.
- Bachelor"s degree in Engineering with 15 or more years of engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) experience, including working inside or onsite a facility (field experience).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a supervising engineer on small to medium sized engineering design projects.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to oversee, manage, and grow a technical department.
- Ability to pass knowledge or information to team individuals in a positive way.
- Strong technical knowledge in mechanical engineering and design.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to manage a team of engineers on a multi-project task force.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability interacts effectively with all levels of employees to achieve company and project goals.
- Ability to understand and communicate agreements or disagreements of proposed engineering designs for projects.
- Ability to develop standards, procedures, protocols, project cost estimates, project schedules, and task breakdowns.
- Have a basic interest and understanding of mechanical systems, how they work and relate to our engineering designs.
- Ability to be badged for a process safety management governed facility which requires in depth drug screening.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Certification
- Management Training Certification
Already have an account? Log in here