Martinez, CA Posted: 6/18/2021
Our client is a top California EPC firm that specializes in the design and construction of industrial process, manufacturing, life science, and high technology facilities. They are seeking a Mechanical Engineer with strong equipment knowledge for a position that is field based. In this role you will be providing onsite engineering support for the delivery of cost-effective, safe, environmentally sound, and reliable unit operations. The position utilizes technologies in the monitoring, evaluation, maintenance, repair, selection, and upgrading of equipment to maximize unit availability and performance. The position will work with other engineering, maintenance, and operations personnel, as well as industry experts, in both project and day-to-day support roles.
- Develops broad knowledge and skills in a specific practice area.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects with few complex features.
- Collaboratively uses judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments.
- Works on small projects or portions of larger projects.
- Performs moderate design tasks.
- Prepares portions of project documents at the direction of more senior engineering staff.
- Performs research and investigation.
- Assists in determining schedule and budget requirements.
- Receives instruction on specific objectives.
- Receives direction on unconventional and/or complex problems, and possible solutions.
- Work onsite at a process facility located in Martinez, CA.
- Bachelor"s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program and at least three years of experience. A Professional Engineer (PE) Certification is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge with the engineering codes and standards applicable to the discipline.
- Thorough knowledge of the hardware and software applicable to the discipline.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively interact and communicate with other staff.
- Thorough knowledge of computer-aided drafting (CAD)
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Suite of products (e.g., Word, Excel, etc.).
- Able to effectively assign tasks to, and coordinate with, entry-level engineers, technicians, or administrative staff.
- Ability to be badged for a process safety management governed facility which requires in depth drug screening.
- Have a PE or able to obtain a PE in the state of California.
- Capable of performing pipe stress calculations/evaluations.
- Currently holds a TWIC or eligible for TWIC.
- Ability to model equipment and perform Finite Element Analysis Calculations per ASME BPVC Section VIII, Div. 2.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here