Ferndale, WA Posted: 6/18/2021
Our client is a top California EPC firm that specializes in the design and construction of industrial process, manufacturing, life science, and high technology facilities. They are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with strong static equipment knowledge for a position that is field based. In this role you will be providing onsite engineering support for the delivery of cost-effective, safe, environmentally sound, and reliable unit operations. The position utilizes technologies in the monitoring, evaluation, maintenance, repair, selection, and upgrading of equipment to maximize unit availability and performance. The position will work with other engineering, maintenance, and operations personnel, as well as industry experts, in both project and day-to-day support roles.
- Understands and observes all policies and procedures related to Process Safety Management (PSM), personal safety, technical and mechanical integrity, health, environment, security of the facility, energy isolation and control of work (permitting).
- Demonstrates personal excellence regarding Health, Safety, Security and Environment.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams, and communicate information so it is understood, timely and relevant.
- Manages multiple projects or assignments and prioritizes work effectively.
- Understands the Management of Change element of Process Safety Management.
- Provides technical support, guidance, direction, and leadership for reliability issues involving fixed equipment (piping, pressure vessels, exchangers, heaters, tanks, etc).
- Defines the scope of fixed equipment repairs, alterations and rerates including weld procedures and material selection.
- Assists in the planning and execution of turnaround scope.
- Interact with API 510/570 mechanical inspectors and recommend repairs to process equipment.
- Performs API Level 1 or 2 fitness for service evaluations.
- Familiar with ASME BPVC Section VIII, ASME B31.1/B31.3 with the ability to apply code to various project situations for both new and existing equipment and piping.
- Communicate with Client Reliability Engineers to perform hands-on troubleshooting and maintenance of mechanical and related equipment problems.
- Contributes to the development of material take offs.
- Communicates and interfaces openly and frequently with Project Managers, discipline engineers and designers, and Client team members. Participates in daily project reviews and client discussions to ensure client satisfaction.
- Capable of performing basic pipe stress calculations/evaluations and recognizes when a more rigorous approach is required.
- Provides redlines and approvals on vendor equipment drawings.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with at least 5 years of plant maintenance, reliability, or relevant engineering experience.
- Specific knowledge and experience with refinery process equipment (exchangers, piping, pressure vessels, heaters, tanks, etc.).
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and the ability to utilize spreadsheets and databases.
- Able to perform simple drafting in Autocad or SolidWorks
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with technical, management, craft, and operators.
- Turnaround maintenance experience.
- Troubleshooting skills
- API 510/570 exposure and experience.
- Technical competency in troubleshooting, asset upgrade and design changes, and Predictive Maintenance techniques.
- Have a PE or able to obtain a PE in the state of Washington.
- Capable of performing pipe stress calculations/evaluations.
- Currently holds a TWIC or eligible for TWIC.
- Ability to model equipment and perform Finite Element Analysis Calculations per ASME BPVC Section VIII, Div. 2.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here