Irvine, CA Posted: 6/15/2021
We have a great opportunity for a Safety Specialist. In this important role as the Safety Specialist to reinforce the safety culture. It is crucial that in this new industry that no safety incidents occur. But, most importantly everyone goes home safe to their loved ones. This position requires a systematic metric-based methodology be developed to ensure safety is paramount, safety training is maintained, safety related accidents are reduced, and safety-program improvements are ongoing.
WHAT YOU"LL DO:
- Develop and maintain onsite safety field inspection plans.
- Develop and implement Company Safety Policy and track the documentation.
- Develop and oversee current and new Employee Safety Training(s).
- Build and implement a Safety Mission Statement
- Organize and track any company governmental forms relating to safety compliance.
- Develop employee safety and risk improvement plans.
- Conduct periodic safety drills both at our office/warehouse headquarters and out in the field.
- Generate periodic reports regarding the ongoing safety measures being taken, and assessing future risk.
- Develop and implement a process and procedures for incident and accident response.
- Employ a metric to assess company safety standings and position.
- Interface with outside agencies to grow and further develop the health and safety plans.
- Learn California Environmental Reporting System (CERS) documents and manage site inspections.
- Administer Operations safety and training program.
- Organize and track the process for drug testing.
- Produce safety case studies to be discussed with group on a monthly basis.
- Be the voice of industrial process safety. Insist on 'doing the right thing' or halting work if necessary, regarding both internal and external organizations, especially during initial business area and technology development.
- Partner with the Operations and Engineering teams to identify, communicate, and escalate gaps and risks early on in the building stages.
- Be an active innovator and broaden our safety procedures as new developments are being produced.
- Act as the single point of contact for internal engineering products to maintain a high level of safety performance.
- Mange the process of peer reviewing safety deliverables, assessments, recommendations, and conclusions performed internally or by contracted outside agencies.
- Lead change as the project requires safety protocols be taken and implemented.
- Bachelors degree in related field to our company a plus.
- 5+ years" experience with Industrial Safety requirements (Process Safety professional).
- Experience in implementation and tracking of safety measures/metrics.
- Experience working and assessing hazardous material a plus.
- Experience in the emerging world of Hydrogen a plus.
- Process Safety certification a plus.
- Ability to understand new and complex technologies quickly to diagnose new process safety risks and mitigations in line with business needs
- Strong leadership and accountability characteristics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill.
- Candidate must be a champion for safety and compliance.
SCHEDULE + BENEFITS:
- Travel Time: The Safety Specialist will spend 40% of their time out in the field at our stations.
- Occasional availability during off hours for emergency customer operations support.
- Excellent Benefits, to include Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k) Plan.
Already have an account? Log in here