PTS Advance is looking for Safety Representatives for our client in Northern California to work during the construction of their Renewable fuels project. The Safety Rep is a contract position hired to work under Client's technical direction, policies, and procedures. We are starting our recruiting efforts now. Positions start Sept 2021. Project end date projected June 2022. LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED.
2 Safety Reps - Start Date: Sept - Oct 2021- Days & Nights - 6 x 10"s
Position performs safety assessment tasks associated with plant operations and mechanical work during projects and turnarounds according to client"s schedules and plans. Minimum of at least one of these:
We will also consider someone with 10 years of safety/permitting experience.
- Field Safety Representative
- Write Safe Work Permits
- Perform Gas Monitoring
- Conduct Joint Job Site Visits
- Attend Safety and Planning Meeting
- Conduct Field Safety Audits (FAST)
- Knowledgeable in Client"s overall HESS (Health Environmental Safety & Security)
plan for a specific project or turnaround.
Qualifications & Skills for Success:
- Safety Champion - portrays a personal example of excellent safety, performance, mindset, and commitment.
- 5 years minimum experience in working turnarounds or projects in refining/chemical processing facilities (preferred)
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, EXCEL, ACCESS, PowerPoint
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
Safety, Health, & Environmental Duties and Expectations:
- Demonstrate the belief that accidents are preventable by including safety in assigned work activities.
- Facilitate and participate in safety meetings.
- Demonstrate understanding of and verifies compliance with safety standards, work practices, work permit requirements, and various safety systems.
- Trained to safely access field areas to observe work being performed.
- Trained in use of standard PPE (hard hat, gloves, eye, and hearing protection)
- Trained to access scaffolds and ladders using fall protection PPE.
- Understand and comply with Company's Drug and Alcohol Policy
Interested? Contact Terri VanDeVeire at 925-363-8233 or via email at email@example.com for a confidential discussion!
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer