Capital Projects QA/QC Coordinator
Martinez, CA Posted: 6/7/2021
PTS Advance has a great opportunity available in Northern California at a local Refinery for a Capital Projects QA/QC Coordinator. The QA/QC Coordinator role is a contract role. The assignment duration is anticipated to be 2+ years, depending on the client"s long-term direction. Pay rate commensurate on experience.
- Responsible for managing the Capital Projects QA/QC program
- Control, train, & distribution of Capital Projects quality documentation
- Maintains the department QA manual/processes and supervision of all amendments and revisions.
- Monitor all project activities; including receiving inspections of equipment & materials, monitor installation & welding activities are following client specifications, procedures & drawings.
- Verify compliance, prevent & detect deficiencies through pre-construction quality control inspections and address any known deficiencies in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform QA/QC audits for contractors.
- Attend client quality management meetings.
- The preparation and control of project quality system management documentation prior to contractor/project commencement
- Review quality inspection personnel qualifications and training requirements
- Responsible for documenting contractor non-conformances
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the project quality management system. Recommend and implement improvements when required.
- Gather, review, & maintain contractor QA/QC logs, weld procedures, welder certs.
- Review QA/QC packages from contractors throughout project & when complete; before project is commissioned.
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining all contractor QA/QC documentation.
- Support contractors, as needed, with coordinating nondestructive examinations (NDE) PT, MT, UT, RT, UTSW, PAUT, PMI and all Heat Treatment activities (including Bake-outs, Pre-heat & PWHT) & any other inspection requirements.
- Attend project pre-kickoff meetings and coordinate all project requirements with the contractors.
- Review and maintain documentation of the contractor QA Manual"s,
- Assist with identifying opportunities to reduce project scope, and plan and execute with
cost savings mindset.
- Provide training on applications used to manage construction activities.
- Participate in constructability reviews, as necessary, and assist with verifying proposed actions from construction were closed/resolved.
- Assist with reviewing construction drawings for adequacy, completeness, and interfaces.
- Assist CM with squad checks prior to IFC issuance.
- 5+ years of QA/QC field experience in oil/petrochemical or similar industries with an emphasis on process pipe and pressure vessel work
- Previous experience with quality program management and implementation on range of projects
- Experience with industry specific paperwork and documentation associated with QA/QC work & test packages for final turnover.
- Skilled at working with technical drawings, design documents, specifications, and procedures to ensure proper installation of project.
- Experienced with weld techniques, terms, and processes relative to pipefitter, boilermaker and steel worker trades.
- Experience reviewing and understanding of RT, UT, PMI, pre/post weld heat treatment, PMI and hardness testing.
- Strong technical writing/interpreting skills, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and communicate with client representatives in a professional & respectful manner.
- Experience completing thorough inspections and generating write ups as necessary.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to effectively address high potential or risk and communicate issues to coordinator and management.
- Positive attitude, proactive and eager to learn, analytical/detail oriented.
- Ability to fluctuate work schedule to accommodate peak work periods: Outages and Turnarounds.
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs, ladders, elevated walkways, and walk, stand, stoop for extended periods of time, enter tight congested areas to include awkward positions. Dependability and availability to work overtime, including weekends as workload dictates is required.
- 10+ years of QA/QC field experience in oil/petrochemical or similar industries with an emphasis on process pipe and pressure vessel work
- Current CWI certification
- Experience with process pipe, pressure vessels, tanks, civil/structural, rotating equipment
Interested? Contact Terri VanDeVeire at 925-363-8233 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion!
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Already have an account? Log in here