Tyler, TX Posted: 6/2/2021
PTS is currently seeking a Document Controller for a long-term contract in Tyler, TX with the opportunity for extension as well as the possibility of transitioning to direct.
The ideal candidate will have 6+ years of Document Control experience including setting up or revamping a document management system. Candidate must be a strong self-starter with the ability to hit the ground running and work with little to no oversight.
Implements document management system for Process Safety Information (PSI) storage, sharing, transmission, and destruction. Evaluates existing document management system and procedures to determine current effectiveness and efficiency; identifies and recommends improvements. Ensures security of documents and integrity of master documents by implementing document and system access rights and revision controls.
- Implement and maintain system for storage, retrieval, and dissemination of hardcopy and electronic documents containing information on the hazards, technology, and equipment of the processes.
- Ensure Document Management according to industry standards or best practices (documents numbering, formats, issuance, review, dispatch, recording and archiving)
- Evaluate, revise, and maintain the Document Management System (DMS).
- Manage all flows of documents either in electronic form or on paper and maintain the Master Document Log (Register).
- Process incoming documentation (log, create hardcopy or electronic folder, assemble documentation, distribute, and archive)
- Process outgoing documentation (create transmittal, track, and process any change requests)
- Create and maintain controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings.
- Ensure all drawings/documentation are correctly identified, distributed, and filed/stored.
- General document control activities such as photocopying, scanning, ensuring compliance with standardized forms/templates, correct use of formatting standards such as file names/numbering, and all other aspects related to document quality.
- Assist in the preparation, collation, and issue of reports and registers as may be required.
- Track key performance indicators and produce activity reports.
- Communicate and liaise with site personnel, Corporate personnel, customers, clients, regulatory agencies, and approved third parties to ensure consistency in document control as required.
Required Qualification – Education, Skills & Experience:
- At least 6 years of document management system experience in the medical, education, technical, construction, legal, or petrochemical industry
- Advanced user of Microsoft products including: Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced user of electronic document management systems, preferably On-Base
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred – Education, Skills & Experience:
- Associates Degree
- Process Technology or Computer Aided Drafting experience
- MS Power Bi, MS Visio, and/or Computer Aided Design programs
Already have an account? Log in here