Senior Payroll Specialist
Geismar, LA Posted: 5/26/2021
Job: Senior Payroll Specialist
Location: Geismar, Louisiana
Role: We are looking to hire a Senior Payroll Specialist to support our client"s delivery of HR Services across the organization with primary responsibilities in the area of payroll administration. The perfect candidate will focus on the coordination of timely, accurate, and efficient payroll processing activities between internal stakeholders, HR systems, and our client"s third-party payroll provider.
- Assist and complete timely and accurate payroll processing of semi-monthly and biweekly payrolls.
- Ensure the timely delivery of accurate payroll data to the third party payroll provider.
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy of employee and payroll records in alignment with policy, law, and administrative duties
- Maintain up to date knowledge of payroll tax and compensation reporting requirements to maintain compliance with the law.
- Reconcile and verify quarterly payroll tax records with each applicable reporting agency.
- Work closely with Payroll Supervisor on system integrations and interface set up to maintain accurate employee data in all record keeping systems.
- Assist with the maintenance of all earning, deduction and memo codes required in the payroll system.
- Complete all post payroll processes to ensure the timely and accurate completion of the payroll cycle.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality in processing employee payments and employee status changes.
- Maintain accurate and timely processing of benefits set up in the payroll system ensuring employee benefit selection and associated deductions align with chosen benefit plans and effective dates.
- Process accurate recordation of payroll deductions of special benefits programs.
- Support Payroll Supervisor by compiling the required reporting data needed to complete annual benefit audits to ensure accuracy in the payroll system.
- Support the HR team with employee data reporting related to internal and external audits, compliance reporting and tax incentive programs.
- Initiate and implement process improvements to ensure efficiencies in data recall.
- Act as the liaison between the Finance and HR teams when questions arise.
- A Bachelor"s Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business Administration, or a related discipline from an accredited college OR equivalent work experience
- A minimum of seven years" experience in payroll processing.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is preferred.
- A minimum of five years" experience in accounting, to include a detailed understanding of financial statement reporting, annual budgeting and reforecasting is required.
- Knowledge and experience with Workday preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Advanced time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Benefits coordination experience preferred.
- Good public relations skills to interface with both internal and external customers.
- Advanced MS Office application knowledge including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
About PTS Advance:
Founded in 1995, by Ron & June Stein and still family owned to this day, Principal Technical Services (PTS) Advance was designed to meet a gap in the market. We provide people to Energy & Infrastructure as well as, Life Sciences companies that want to do more than just "fill a position".
Interested? Contact Hannah Johnson at 949-268-4083 or via email at Hannah.Johnson@PTSadvance.com for a discussion!
Already have an account? Log in here