Our client is a diversified real estate developer and builder with expertise in land acquisition, homebuilding, community design, entitlements and office, R&D and retail development. Our client has secured and invested approximately $500 million in equity and has successfully entitled over 5,000 residential lots.
Our client is seeking to fill multiple Construction Manager positions in southern CA to oversee all functions of the construction job site as it relates to constructing quality residential homes. Supervise all construction activity from dirt through close of escrow while maintaining the accuracy of the construction schedule and monitoring the quality, consistency and completeness of the work being conducted. The Construction Manager ensures that customer satisfaction is maintained throughout the construction process.
This person will also be responsible for:
- Plan and direct staff and trade partners in the construction and completion of quality homes with strong commitment to executing the company"s business model
- Ensure homes are consistently completed per schedule (daily starts, daily tasks and closings)
- Schedule and monitor trade partners during the entire construction process from start to close
- Informs and trains trade partners regarding company policies and procedures, including Safety, OSHA, SWPPP compliance
- Complete daily updates and inputs to the On-Location construction schedules
- Schedule trades with applicable lead times and hold all trades accountable to schedule adherence
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold trade partners responsible for daily clean-up
- Capable of reading, interpreting, and applying all necessary forms of plans and information i.e. architectural plans, structural plans, civil plans, utility plans and layouts, title-24, mechanical, landscaping, ADA etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate with all applicable subcontractor trades, and all applicable internal company departments
- Continually strive for superior customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for executing all home deliveries 100% complete and signed off by COE by the homebuyer
- Monitor and resolve customer or construction concerns to facilitate smooth final closing process
- Deliver Pre-Construction and Pre-Drywall orientations with buyers to reinforce contact with buyer throughout the construction process
- Work with Customer Care to provide a consistent and effective homeowner orientation to ensure the buyer experiences a positive transition to their new home
- Participate in Community Teams and take ownership of construction matters/issues.
- Work directly with the Salesforce and Customer Care with an emphasis on teamwork and customer satisfaction
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies' regulations
- Facilitate weekly safety meetings with other Construction Managers, staff and trade partners
- Ensure Quality Checkpoints are completed and provides daily status updates on the construction progress on each unit
- Manage the installation and maintenance of SWPPP for the construction site
- Develop external Partnerships (trade partners, municipalities, building officials)
- Drives the permit and inspection sign-off process on a timely basis
- Responsible for inspection process in assigned homes and interacts with VA, FHA, City, County, State and Conventional inspectors involved in the homebuilding process
- Responsible for indirect costs incurred throughout the community
- Attend weekly meetings with Sales Team
- Attend monthly Field meetings with Operations Team
- Complete Company"s Construction Manager Training Program and maintain OSHA, SWPPP, CPR and Fire Extinguisher certification
- Must handle the local travel required within designated region
- Work full-time schedule with flexibility for overtime when necessary
- Able to work the "On-Call" program when needed (respond to emergency calls or other issues during off-hours)
- High school degree or equivalent required
- 2 - 5 years of construction experience with a production homebuilder
- Deep experience in delivering high quality customer service
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including motivating teams, employee development, and being results oriented
- Necessary people skills, including the capability to handle various personalities and develop professional relationships
- Action oriented, with the drive to push projects and tasks to successful closure
- Proven ability of being customer centric by seeking solutions from the customer's perspective
- Solid verbal & written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts and communicate accurately and persuasively
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of other's ideas, and a willingness to cooperate
- Have the skills necessary to construct single family homes, and multi-family residences and structures
- Knowledge of one, two, and three - hour fire assemblies
- Capacity to make quick and accurate decisions based heavily on facts, data and/or metrics
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook as well as proficiency in scheduling software such as Build Pro, Newstar, F.A.S.T., On Location, Vendorlink or other pertinent software
- Ability to conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, trade partners, external officials, and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company
- Construction Management vocational degree or certificate preferred
- 4-Year College degree preferred.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Our client offers top level pay and bonus in addition to a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes 100 % of employee Medical coverage, Dental, Vision, 401k program, quarterly health & wellness reimbursement, Car allowance, and more.
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer