Concord, CA Posted: 5/14/2021
Our client is a top California EPC firm that specializes in the design and construction of industrial process, manufacturing, life science, and high technology facilities.
They are looking for an Architect and a Senior Architect. These positions can be based remotely.
The successful candidates will provide support across a diverse client base in a collaborative multi-discipline environment. This includes working on projects primarily in the Bioprocess and Food & Beverage industries.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Leads building surveys.
- Performs significant design and drawing tasks using both freehand and CAD drawing techniques.
- Functions as the architectural lead in the architectural drawing production effort for all phases of design.
- Prepares a complete set of project documents.
- Conducts building code analysis.
- Conducts materials research, programming documentation, etc.
- Coordinates with other drafters, designers, engineers and administrative staff.
- Prescribes solutions to a variety of problems and obstacles.
- Drawing assignments checked by senior staff.
- Begins to prepare architectural specifications.
- Direct client contact in the presence of a Project Architect.
- BA Architecture from a California Architects Board (CAB) accredited school or minimum requirements as established by CAB, three or more years of experience and a valid Architecture license as issued by the California Architects Board (CAB).
- High level design skills of various types of construction, occupancies and materials.
- Working knowledge of the California Building Code, Energy Code and ADA Regulations.
- Strong understanding of AutoCAD.
- Possesses a high level of verbal, written and graphic communication skills as needed to communicate design and technical concepts and ideas effectively with office staff and members of other internal disciplines.
- Proven ability to interact with material and product vendors, and some interaction with outside consultants.
- Experience attending project meetings and demonstrated experience presenting specific aspects of engineering assignment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply broad knowledge of principles and practices in the field of architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to independently evaluate, select, and adapt standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields, and ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated success with working on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
- Ability to be badged for a process safety management governed facility which requires in depth drug screening.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here