Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Phillipsburg, KS
Our client is seeking an Industrial Technician to work in our Phillipsburg, Kansas facility. The Industrial Technician installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and electrical systems; leads teams of operators and supervisors in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems while in a time-constrained environment; isolates root causes of maintenance problems accurately and develops short-term expedient solutions to maintenance problems which keep the line operational until scheduled maintenance shutdown.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and
- Builds, calibrates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs electrical instruments and testing equipment.
- Develops, writes and conducts documented Preventative Maintenance procedures to company standard.
- Assembles electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring
- Prepares charts, graphs and diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling and machine
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new and repaired
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of
- Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
- Provides technical assistance and resolution when electrical problems are encountered before, during and after installation of
- Receives work requests and completes specified
- Tracks parts usage and find stored parts.
- Maintains accurate work orders documentation of work conducted.
- Sets up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies and systems under simulated operating conditions, and records
- Inspects all tools on site for safety and fitness of
- Records the punch list identifying emergency repairs needing immediate attention upon shutdown.
- Inspects/Repairs/Recommends corrective actions equipment
- Uses manuals to troubleshoot, PM and repair
- In emergency situations, locates supplier and orders parts using client purchasing
- Analyzes and interpret test information to resolve design-related
- Modifies electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies and systems to correct functional
- Plans method and sequence of operations for developing and testing experimental electronic and electrical
- Evaluates engineering proposals, shop drawings and design comments for sound electrical engineering practice and conformance with established safety and design criteria, and recommends approval or disapproval.
- Prepares project cost and work-time
- Reviews existing plant electrical systems and provides necessary revisions, deletions and amendments to outdated material. Proposes new technology to replace outdated
- Prepares contracts and initiate, reviews and coordinates modifications to contract specifications and plans throughout the installation of equipment
- Reviews installation of equipment areas to observe conditions impacting design and to identify solutions to technical design problems involving electrical systems equipment that arise during installation.
- Writes commissioning procedures for electrical
- Provides support to mechanical technicians when practical during repair
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Associate"s degree in electrical/electromechanical technology preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and climb ladders to high areas of work and be able to work in confined
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, is frequently exposed to fumes and airborne particles and is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and vibration. A respirator may be required at times. The noise level in the work environment is usually
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.