Brazil, IN Posted: 5/10/2021
Plant Engineer/Jr. Plant Superintendent
The Plant Engineer is the person primarily responsible for ensuring that all processes, production equipment, buildings and grounds facilities are operating at maximum efficiency. The engineer must ensure that all team members are properly trained and adhere to all quality, safety and personal hygiene practices at all times. The engineer will have 6 shift supervisors reporting directly to him/her and will guide maintenance and plant activities.
The normal schedule for this position is Monday-Friday. The engineer must be willing to work any shift including weekends and holidays as needed.
The engineer will report to the VP of Technical Services and Plant Manager.
This position will assume the responsibility of the Plant Manager in his absence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports directly to the operations manager and prepares operation schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality targets are met.
- Drive root cause failure analysis of equipment failure and ensure action plans are developed to correct failures.
- Support production in all aspects including downtime tracking, safety, and cost-control.
- Confer with the operations manager and shift supervisors on a regular basis to resolve process and maintenance issues.
- Hire, train, motivate and coach supervisors and operators in the safe, quality-oriented execution of their respective duties.
- Maintain and manage external related engineering or technical support vendors or consultants to ensure expected support is provided and quality is maintained.
- Promote safety in the department and ensure that all plant personnel adhere to all safety regulations including the wearing of all personal protective equipment.
- In coordination with human resources resolve employee relations issues and administer corrective action as necessary.
- Act professionally towards customers, vendors and other visitors to the plant.
- Demonstrate reliable attendance, consistent punctuality and a positive attitude at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong problem solving skills
- Process and equipment trouble shooting experience
- The ability to train and motivate direct reports to achieve excellent results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products: Word, Excel, Outlook, large ERP applications and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of various plant infrastructure equipment and systems including compressors, pumps, boilers, air and steam distribution systems
- Knowledge of various chemical process equipment including reactors, filters, pumps, centrifuges, dryers and milling equipment.
- Knowledge of PLC"s, VFD"s, motors, and electrical power distribution systems
- Knowledge of auxiliaries for the building"s lighting, mechanical, plumbing and control components
- The ability to organize one"s thoughts, plans and proposals in both an oral and written format.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. Chemical, Refining or Food manufacturing environment preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent
- The ability to meet flexible and changing priorities and the ability to work under pressure a must.
- 50% of the time will be spent in a plant manufacturing environment walking, climbing stairs or ladders etc.
- 50% of the time will be spent in a normal office environment at a desk working with a computer.
- Required to have cell phone access 24/7.
Already have an account? Log in here