PTS Advance is currently looking for an Area Mechanical Engineer for a (1-1/2 - 2) year contract at the local refinery in Ferndale, Washington. Desirable candidate could start in 2 to 3 months or sooner.
LOCAL CANDIDATES preferred as no relocation or per diem is offered.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering
- 4 or more years of experience in an industrial environment
- Strong hands-on field experience
- Familiar with TAR environment and criticality of tasks that need to be completed on time.
- Ability to self-manage and take ownership of the position.
- Keen understanding of piping and fixed equipment
- Field verification expertise
- Ability to trouble shoot and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to Interact with planners and schedulers.
- Enough AutoCAD experience to update and generate a drawing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient in SAP
- Possess a valid Driver"s License.
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/TWIC.
- Legally authorized in the US without sponsorship
As Area Mechanical Engineer this position will provide technical support for Turnaround and routine maintenance of fixed equipment for processes within the refinery. This position helps ensure correct identification of failure mechanisms, timely technical assessment of repair plans and alternatives, quality of workmanship, and overall availability and reliability of mechanical equipment. This position will report directly to the Routine Maintenance Superintendent.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Participates and promotes all aspects of the refinery safety program. Demonstrates leadership to the workplace safety and health of employees and contractors through personal engagement and sound decisions.
- Provides primary technical support for routine maintenance of fixed equipment including temporary repair plans, equipment specification, piping modifications, structural reviews, documentation reviews, and other technical evaluations.
- Must have good AutoCAD skills and the ability to update drawings with design modifications and as-builts.
- Work within the maintenance department to help develop timelines and schedules for maintenance initiatives, including buried piping and tank. Some collaboration with other departments required to ensure we can meet schedules.
- Identifying and investigating chronic equipment failures and developing correction action plans.
- Participating in technical networks to develop and implement best practices.
- Working with planners as needed to ensure repair plans meet all company standards.
- Participating in all discipline specific engineering forums sponsored by the reliability group.
- Providing the Craft Supervisor with engineering support as needed.
- Providing engineered repair plans.
- Effectively managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Technical trouble shooting.
- Develops, revises, or provides recommended input for mechanical PM procedures.
- Contributes to the development of scope, equipment specification, planning, and execution of refinery turnaround and routine maintenance outages.
- Responds effectively to refinery operational events and provides support for equipment shutdown and startup as needed.
- Willing and able to perform and comply with the following:
- Work extended hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Respond to refinery emergencies during off-hours
- Work safely near large, hot, high-speed machines
- Climb ladders and stairs up to 200 feet in height
- Work around chemicals, including acids and bases
- Work around hydrocarbons under high pressure and heat
- Work outside in harsh weather conditions
- Wear fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toe shoes, ear, and eye protection.)
- Maintain your face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven)
- Bachelor"s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong and effective communication skills (verbal and written) in both individual and group settings which includes report writing, business correspondence, procedure manuals and presentations.
- Ability to work on cross discipline teams
- Accepts ownership, is accountable and delivers on commitments
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to apply practical solutions in the field
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work well with others
- Project experience with ownership of scope, timeline, and budget
- Understanding of engineering drawings and P&ID"s
- Ability to manage a large workload and changing priorities
- Mechanical aptitude and good problem-solving skills, including root cause failure analysis
- Working knowledge of industry codes (API, ASME, etc.) and refining standards
- Understanding of fixed equipment design, construction, and operating principles
- Proficient with the program Bently Nevada vibration monitoring hardware and software
- Understanding of rotating equipment design, construction, and operating principles
- Understanding of material properties, welding techniques, and post weld treatments of various grades of carbon steel and alloys
- Understanding of refinery equipment failure modes, corrosion mechanisms, and inspection techniques
- Understanding of refinery business drivers and the use of Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA)
- Understanding of risk-based decision making, risk assessments, and available tools and resources
- Good working knowledge of MOC processes, as well as engineering, inspection, and operations procedures
- Experience with JADE or equivalent program for flange joint analysis
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Advance offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer