Fabrication Shop Engineering Manager
Bakersfield, CA Posted: 5/6/2021
Position: Fabrication Shop Engineering Manager
Summary of Major Responsibilities/Duties
- Supervises Piping Engineering Department and Document Control personnel.
- Assign and schedule work within the department.
- Ability to manage and control multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain production statistics and monitor project progress.
- Represent company at meetings with clientele.
- Communicate with customers to address engineering issues thru RFIs.
- Issue Purchase Orders for piping materials and track order progress.
- Ability to review project contracts, schedules, and requirements in detail to determine piping requirements (NDE, Weld Procedures, coating etc.), deliverables, and deadlines.
- Interface with EPC contractor, customer, parent, and affiliated companies in periodical meetings to ensure understanding of engineering matters.
- Assist in project set up as needed.
- Perform spool drafting along with reviewing and approving spool sheets.
- Ability to use Excel, Word, Outlook, AutoCAD and PDF Viewer
- Effective decision-making abilities
- Good listener
- Treats other with respect.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Understanding of fabrication equipment and techniques
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Four-year college or university program certificate; or four years or more of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in pipe fabrication or piping construction
- Familiarity with industry Codes and Standards such as ASME and PFI
- Familiarity with metallurgy and welding processes and techniques.
- Familiarity with non-destructive examination techniques and acceptance criteria.
- Familiarity with Pipe Fabrication Unit Pricing Practices
- Familiarity with customary engineering practices.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical documents and specifications such as Line Lists, Piping Class Specs, P&IDs and ASME Piping Codes
Already have an account? Log in here