Our client is a national construction contractor primarily serving the petroleum refining, power generation, chemical processing, alternative fuels, terminal oil & gas, and associated industrial manufacturing industries. They are seeking a Track Administrator to support a large refinery site on a long-term basis in Whiting, Indiana (20 Miles from Chicago, IL)
The Track Administrator must have a timekeeping or payroll background with attention to detail. Background in construction or working in refineries or power plants preferred along with experience dealing with Track Software.
- Process employee Time & Attendance data from the Time system to payroll and reconcile variances utilizing tools in the Time and attendance, Track and payroll systems.
- Manage all payroll processes including processing and entering employee new hire data and changes for multiple crafts and staff, verify employee documentation for accuracy, monitor edits to ensure accuracy of time entered, process payroll and accurately pay employees weekly.
- Prepare daily labor and weekly equipment, and material timesheets for project managers and material coordinator"s to present to customer for approval as needed.
- Collect Time from Gate Log and accurately allocate the time in Track (the refineries cost tracking system) and Payroll Systems
- Correct allocation of all contract costs down to the task level of work orders
- Manage internal cost controls timekeeping program, client site timekeeping programs and requirements (I.E. TRACK), by input of payroll data (straight time, overtime, double time, by employee and project)
- Support 3rd party billing
- Monitor billing rates to ensure rates are correct for billing
- Download equipment rates via Track's import tool
- Timely and accurate allocation of costs to the specific jobs for which they were used
- Process and monitor overrides (gate log hours won't match hours worked which will require overrides in the Track System)
- Collect and enter all committed reimbursable costs - labor, per diem, travel, equipment and materials
- Create, runs and distribute standard periodic reports
- Maintain organized electronic and/or hard copy files for easy identification and retrieval.
- Assists others in field construction site as necessary.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Accounting or Business Administration Degree preferred
- 1-4+ years" experience in cost accounting, payroll or related fields. Union payroll is a plus but not required.
- Chemical/refinery industry and auditing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of TRACK highly preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions
- Ability to apply basic accounting principles
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Must have timekeeping experience with large volumes of employees and be familiar with straight time, overtime and double time policies and timekeeping standards.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work under high pressure
Must be able to pass all safety, drug & alcohol requirements for refinery work