Manufacturing Operator II
Rochester, NY Posted: 5/3/2021
Job: Manufacturing Operator
Location: Rochester, New York
Role: Our client, a major medical device company, is seeking to hire a Manufacturing Operator in Rochester, New York. This is a six-month contract position with a high possibility for extension. You will be responsible for operating equipment and packaging/preparing products. The purpose of this position is to assist in the assembly and production of medical devices.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Operate equipment for the assembly and processing required to produce finished products as trained.
- Package and/or prepare all products per procedures, maintaining high standards for quality and workmanship of the products.
- Visually inspect products and components for defects.
- Accountable for adhering to all quality, regulatory, and safety guidelines as trained.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, including quality, safety and conduct standards.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Position requires all workers to wear assigned uniform which will be provided.
- All workers must wear personal protection equipment (PPE) as required for safety of staff and product.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2 years" experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Must be able to stand on feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 20-25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Must be able to perform 10%-20% of work in a freezer.
- Good hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity.
This is a shift position. Shifts are on a rotating 8-day cycle with two 12-hour day shifts (6:00 AM - 6:00 PM) and two 12-hour night shifts (6:00 PM - 6:00 AM) followed by 4 days off. This shift includes working weekends and holidays. Shift differential pay is provided.
Principal Technical Services (PTS) was established in 1995 to meet a gap in the market. Now known as PTS Advance, we are building on past success and expanding the quality of service we offer to clients and candidates in new geographies and industries. We provide people and tools to Energy & Infrastructure and Life Sciences companies that want to do more than just "fill a position."
Already have an account? Log in here