CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST I
Rochester, NY Posted: 4/29/2021
We are looking for a Customer Service Specialist I to provide front line customer service to our client's (medical device organization) internal and external customers. The key activities include: order management for the clients internal and external customers (hospitals, distributors, and Field Sales), and supporting customer relationships. This role has direct interaction with our client external customers (hospital, distributor) and internal customers (field sales) on a daily basis.
- Creates, enters and manages customer orders (via phone/fax or e-channels) from internal and/or external customers.
- Responsibility for front-line inquiry/service complaint management
- Responds to all queries (e.g. order status, product information, stock availability, company policies, price quotes, claims, requests for documentation, etc.,) from internal and/ or external customers to achieve a “close-loop” resolution process for the customer, limiting the need for the customer to call back numerous times for the same issue. All work done in compliance to department SOPs and SOX.
- Opens an interaction record for a new or existing claim (for all claim types) as part of the inquiry and service complaints process
- Follows-up on open inquiries and escalates unresolved calls to appropriate subject matter experts based on SOP.
- Notifies appropriate parties (e.g., CSS’s, customers, Franchises, etc) of process, inquiry updates/changes or service requests as appropriate.
- Reviews order error and order hold reports and takes action based on need as instructed by SOP
- Supports execution of marketing programs developed by the client
- Conducts recall activities as appropriate.
- Updates customer information in order management system as appropriate.
- Conducts UAT testing as needed.
- Adheres to quality controls process and service quality guidelines.
- Thinks and communicates cross-functionally to investigate, research and resolve all exceptions and adjustments promptly and accurately including any necessary coordination with other departments and all required customer follow-up.
- Performs job duties in a way that meets or exceeds individual performance metrics established by the Customer Service organization in support of exceptional customer experience (e.g. not-ready time, call quality, schedule adherence) and exemplifies Company’s Competency model.
- Remains current with and applies internal and operating companies’ policies and procedures.
- Contributes to and promotes harmony, growth and teamwork within the Customer Service organization.
- Communications skills (Collaboration & Teaming).
- Customer Focus (Results and Performance driven).
- Problem Solving and follow-up.
- Planning and Organization (Big Picture Orientation with Attention to Detail).
- Teamwork (Collaboration & Teaming).
- Business Acumen
- Business Acumen (Results and Performance Driven.
- Flexibility and Innovation.
- Research/comprehension skills
- Information and Technology (Intellectual Curiosity): Effectively uses job related information technology and tools to achieve results. Thorough working knowledge to utilize the appropriate systems to achieve business requirements.
- Knowledge of Customer Service standards, Operating Company specific products, policies and procedures and all department SOP’s.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred. Minimum of high school degree is required.
- 2 years of professional experience is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Excellent communication and demonstrated leadership skills (in a professional or school environment).
- 5% travel may be required.
Founded in 1995, by Ron & June Stein and still family owned to this day, Principal Technical Services (PTS) was designed to meet a gap in the market. We provide people and tools to Energy & Infrastructure and Life Sciences companies that want to do more than just "fill a position."
Interested? Give me a call for a quick and confidential call or apply!
Allison Sudman at 949-268-4081 or via email at Allison.Sudman@PTSadvance.com
Already have an account? Log in here