Senior Manager - Construction/Business Development
Richmond, CA Posted: 4/28/2021
PTS Advance is working with a highly reputable Bay Area Construction company that is a well-established General Contractor. We are seeking a high performing Senior Manager with demonstrated success at growing and expanding civil and building construction work in the Energy sector.
The primary objective of the Senior Manager is to successfully acquire and execute civil and concrete construction contracts, while providing outstanding service to our clients. The Senior Manager will be responsible for P&L"s as the key member of our Energy team in Northern California and will receive support from project management and estimating.
While the Energy sector is the primary focus, the position may have project responsibilities in other markets, as is needed.
Specific duties and expectations are:
- Successfully develop business, create opportunities, and acquire work in the Energy market.
- Grow and expand relationships with decision makers of key clients, construction managers, engineers, and consultants within the industry.
- P&L responsibilities for the company"s energy market.
- Manage construction projects for Energy clients, typically with support from project managers, project engineers, and project admin.
- Deliver projects on budget, on time, and safely to the satisfaction of our clients.
- Specific project management duties include: cost management, subcontractor management, schedule management, safety, accurate forecasting, submittal and change order management, and client relations.
- Assist the estimating department with bidding and proposals, including overall strategy as well as promoting favorable subcontractor relations.
- Successful networking and relationship building at industry functions such as WSPA or similar organizations.
- Minimum 5 years business development experience with demonstrated success in the Energy construction market, including the petroleum and renewable energy markets.
- 10-15 years" experience in construction, preferably the Energy sector.
- Significant working knowledge and relationships within the Energy market.
- Self-starter with initiative, enthusiasm, and energy to grow business.
- Managerial experience in the Energy market.
- Excellent communication and relationship development skills to serve private clients.
- Commitment to Safety: experience with the safety requirements and protocol in this market and promoting and modeling safe work practices is critically important.
- Undergraduate degree from 4-year University or equivalent preferred.
- Network of engineering, consultant, and client contacts in the industry.
- Proficiency in project management software such as Viewpoint or similar.
- Client database software is a plus - Cosential or equivalent preferred.
Already have an account? Log in here