Mechanical Construction Coordinator
Martinez, CA Posted: 4/26/2021
PTS Advance is looking for Construction Coordinator (Mechanical) with a minimum 10 years’ experience of refinery Maintenance, Turnaround or Capital Project experience. Construction Coordinator works with both Operations and Engineering Design team to help develop and execute projects.
- Responsible for capturing "key learning"s" relative to construction for the Project Look back process.
- Serves as an in-house expert in construction practices, often seeking outside training or participation in construction seminars, to keep appraised of leading industry practices.
- Minimum 10 years ‘experience of refinery Maintenance, Turnaround or Capital Project experience.
- Skill in Piping, Mechanical, Civil, and Structural Construction.
- Knowledge in reading plan drawings, specifications, P&ID"s, and piping Iso’s.
- Skill in managing and directing field construction (Brown Field).
- Skill in construction methods and design requirements.
- Knowledge of MPO Construction Procedures
- Skill in Site Procedure as they relate to Capital Project’s
- Works closely with the Project Team, specifically the HSE Representative and Construction Safety Manager, in the construction planning phases of the project to assure safety performance is a leading success factor in all projects and construction safety is at the forefront of any constructability reviews.
- Supports the MPO Safety Roadmap plan to ensure project and contractor team maintain a safe work environment.
- Works closely with Operations to assure an appropriately prepared work area.
- Actively participates in both owner and contractor safety meetings, regularly leading meetings and sponsoring discussion topics.
- Participates in or leads Construction Kick-Off meetings, with safety as a leading agenda topic.
- Leads and/or participates in investigations of significant "near misses" or OSHA recordable associated with projects.
- Monitor’s construction productivity through established metrics and works directly with the Project Team to assure issues are quickly resolved and established productivity targets are met.
- Works directly with the Project Team and contractors to support the development of the project construction schedule during the planning phases and execute per this plan.
- Participates in all pre-bid meetings and construction kick-off meetings representing the Site's Project Team.
- Supports the Project Controls Team with the issuance and management of Purchase Orders for service vendors.
- Monitors’ construction process and work progress to assure cost effective manpower loading, supervisor to craft ratios, and addresses any other factors that negatively impact overall productivity of craft.
- Manages project RFI process through Prolog (web-based application) by supporting generation of new RFI"s, directing questions to appropriate individuals for resolution, and communicating responses back to team/contractors in a timely manner. Change-orders derived from the RFI process requires administrative support from Coordinator while seeking approval (i.e., gathers and delivers all pertinent info required for Project Engineer approval).
- Actively participates in Constructability Reviews to provide recommendations on how the project can better support field execution through lessons learned, best practices, safety, cost effectiveness, and schedule attainment.
- Works closely with Safety and Operations to assure the day-to-day needs of all parties are met (i.e., addresses any work permitting issues, work stoppages due to operational situations, equipment preparation issues, lack of tools/equipment, rework questions, etc.).
- Works directly with the Project Team as the Site's construction representative to plan / manage all deliveries of "oversized" (large) major equipment.
Already have an account? Log in here