Lamar, MO Posted: 4/26/2021
Seeking Plant Electrician
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Understand and follow safe work practices.
- Follow all safety rules and practices including the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Operate electrical testing equipment.
- Operate welding machine and shop machines.
- Understand and operate plant software including Outlook, SAP, Excel and any other software required for proper job performance.
- Troubleshoot and repair all electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment and repair/recommend corrective actions for equipment repair.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts.
- Perform PMs and minor repairs to forklifts and other rolling equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical problems in the plant using prints and computers.
- Check voltages with a volt meter.
- Operate a clamp on Amp meter to check amperes on motors.
- Help with the installation and removal of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Run conduit, pull wires and make connections for electrical installations.
- Install, program and/or repair automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical problems are encountered before, during and after the installation of equipment.
- Assist in planning with the Engineering Department on new projects.
- Work with the Engineering Department and Production in de-bugging equipment.
- Read and understand blueprints and schematic drawings used for installation and troubleshooting.
- Receive work requests and complete specified work in a timely manner while maintaining accurate work order documentation of work conducted.
- Provide timely and insightful feedback on work orders completed.
- Tracks part usage and finds stored parts.
- Position motors and gear reducers to mounting brackets.
- Maintain toolboxes to company standards.
- Testing various types of equipment in the shop.
- Calibrate and test various weight scales and flow meters used in the plant.
- Assist the production line when needed or directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Understand and follow Standard Work Plans(SWP) when provided.
- Perform CM inspections when directed using company standard CM equipment.
- Complete periodic skills training as directed, which may require travel to other plants and facilities.
- Work rotating shifts, including nights and weekends and overtime as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Valid driver"s license
- Rotating 8 or 12-hour shifts, 7 days per week availability.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment desired
- Previous Forklift experience helpful but not required
- OSHA training desired
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and with the assistance of another employee, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
Already have an account? Log in here