Martinez, CA Posted: 4/23/2021
Our client is one of the largest privately owned Specialty Industrial Construction companies in the United States and is among the nation’s leading Industrial Electrical and Instrumentation providers. They also offer a suite of innovative and customized Analytical, Automation, Heat Trace, Integration and Design solutions for a wide range of industries.
PTS Advance is currently looking for Construction Estimator with the ability to provide accurate and competitive estimates for construction costs and schedules in support of the company’s renewable energy development and construction projects.
- Uses standardized tools and processes to prepare accurate, competitive, and timely estimates of project cost and schedule; including the use of Adobe or Bluebeam to markup conceptual layouts for takeoff, subcontractor quote requests, and estimate support.
- Understands voltage drop and how to determine feeder/conduit sizes.
- Ability to recognize and recommend alternative designs/scope definitions which support consistency, standardization, and cost competitiveness.
- Understands CSI format of specifications as well as other scopes of work.
- Understands contract terms and can recognize discrepancies
- Gathers details and maintains current market data necessary to accurately estimate construction, material and soft costs associated with project construction.
- Search for, review and accurately estimate Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) or other public sector pricing requests; coordinates with design team to define engineering requirements, estimate quantities and obtain quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Summarizes and puts into proposal form and provides complete project estimate spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with standard construction industry concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to drive innovation of new processes while supporting corporate standards for quality
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action, including recognizing and reporting potentially unsafe work conditions.
- Assist Project Management in preparing cost proposals for additional work-Change Orders.
- 5+ Years’ experience with electrical estimating; AA Degree or higher, or equivalent combination of relevant education, training, and experience
- Proficient negotiation and client interface skills
- Ability to understand and describe to others the advantages and disadvantages of various design options
- Ability to build rapport and interact effectively with personnel at all levels within the Company and with vendors and business partners outside the Company
- Always demonstrates highly ethical behavior and good judgment
- Effective listening, verbal, and written communications skills
- Independent and expedient problem-solving skills
- Effective time / project management skills
- Flexible with the ability to successfully manage ever-changing priorities as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to professionally respond to stressful situations in a patient, friendly, and timely manner
- Ensures accurate, timely completion of assigned responsibilities/projects
- PC Proficient with good knowledge of Microsoft Office, including: Word, Excel, and Outlook, database creation and report generation
- Experience working in a construction firm
- Experience using estimating software
Already have an account? Log in here