E/I Estimator/ Project Manager
Martinez, CA Posted: 4/23/2021
Our client is one of the largest privately owned Specialty Industrial Construction companies in the United States and is among the nation's leading Industrial Electrical and Instrumentation providers. They also offer a suite of innovative and customized Analytical, Automation, Heat Trace, Integration and Design solutions for a wide range of industries.
PTS Advance is currently looking for an Estimator who can effectively provide preconstruction estimating for electrical, communications, life safety, and other low voltage systems for highly complex Utilities construction projects.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead the electrical portion of estimates and ensure that scopes are coordinated and complete.
- Review and understand narratives, plans and specifications to ensure alignment between pricing and the scope of work.
- Develop conceptual estimates based on limited information at all phases of the project design progression.
- Participate in the development and review of design alternatives, cost options, and value engineering.
- Develop and manage the electrical pricing bid strategy, break outs, and work packages.
- Explain electrical pricing and costs to clients and engineers.
- Assist project team(s) in evaluating submitted proposals and assist with development of scopes of work to be outlined in subcontracts.
- Coordinate with marketing personnel regarding technical aspects of proposals.
- Working knowledge of, and ability to research and interpret relevant building codes.
- Ensure utilities are coordinated between civil and electrical/data disciplines.
- Participate in project meetings as needed, come prepared, and participate constructively.
- Provide input on constructability, logistics, & sequencing as well as design considerations and pricing.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative approach working with both clients and subcontractors.
- Candidate must have strong fundamental mathematical and visualization skills.
- Must be competent in use of Microsoft software, including collecting and analyzing data in Excel, and creating documents and preparing correspondence in Outlook & Word.
- Must possess the ability to write reports, develop forms, speak effectively to small groups and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- 5 (five) years of commercial Electrical Estimating , Electrical Construction, Electrical Engineering or Design experience required.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Science, etc. preferred, but not required.
- Professional Engineering License (PE) desired, but not required.
- Experience with the installation means and methods of various electrical systems found within commercial structures/facilities.
- Experience using Quantity Takeoff, Timberline, etc. preferred, but not required.
- Experience using BIM software (Revit, Navisworks, Assemble, etc.)
- Knowledge of Mechanical, Plumbing, and Fire Protection Systems.
Already have an account? Log in here