Thousand Oaks, CA Posted: 4/22/2021
Job: Instrument/Calibration Technician
Location: Thousand Oaks, California
Role: We are looking to hire an Instrument/Calibration Technician to support our client's (a leading global biopharmaceutical leader) operations and maintain, as well as repair calibration test equipment in their facility. Come join a wonderful company and begin shaping the future of healthcare! This is a long term contract position.
- Responsibilities include technical understanding and troubleshooting skills of electrical and pneumatic instrumentation.
- Understand and perform calibrations on Temperature, Pressure, Conductivity, UV, Balances, Scales, Vacuum, pH, CL2, ORP, Timers, RPM, Liquid/Gas Flow, and Gas detector instrumentation and more
- Understand Automated Control systems and control system instrumentation concepts, and the relationship between each other.
- Initiate corrective action to ensure potentially hazard situations are avoided and safety standards are maintained relative to production or facilities.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Understanding and Knowledge of PLC, Microprocessor, and control system logic.
- Ability to read and interpret Loop, P&ID, Wire, and Electrical drawings.
- Expected to demonstrate the skills and knowledge of an Instrumentation Technician
- May be required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations.
- Must be able to work independently and make sound judgments regarding work methods and tools.
- Must be able to read wiring diagrams, loop drawings and P&ID drawings
- Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory and pharmaceutical production equipment including:
- Autoclaves, process tanks, incubators, analytical equipment, and CIP/SIP systems.
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
- Incumbent must be proficient in a variety of mathematical disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement.
- Must be able to read, write, and converse in English.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions and have good verbal/written communication skills.
- Good computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Employee may be required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include:
- Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling, and on-site transporting of hazardous wastes.
About PTS Advance:
Founded in 1995, by Ron & June Stein and still family owned to this day, Principal Technical Services (PTS) Advance was designed to meet a gap in the market. We provide people to Energy & Infrastructure as well as, Life Sciences companies that want to do more than just "fill a position".
Interested? Contact Hannah Johnson at 949-268-4083 or via email at Hannah.Johnson@PTSadvance.com for a discussion!
Already have an account? Log in here