Our client is a Southern California-based renewable energy company with the principle that renewable fuels should come from non-food based sources that are environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable.
The Company is upgrading and modifying an existing oil refinery to produce renewable diesel fuel, propane, and naphtha from sustainable low carbon feedstocks for the California Clean Energy fuel market (the 'Project').
They are looking for a Laboratory Supervisor will set up the renewable fuels refinery laboratory to support operations at startup in a safe and timely fashion and within budget. The Laboratory Supervisor will work closely with the Company"s VP TS, VP PM, Project Managers, the EPC Contractors, the Equipment Suppliers, and the Subcontractors to ensure that the analytical and staffing requirements for operations are ready in time. Once the project is completed and the facility is in operation, the role will transition to operations support as the Laboratory Supervisor and Chemist.
The Laboratory Supervisor will also be responsible to
- Scope out and determine what analysis is required onsite in the facility laboratory and operator field labs and what can be done with 3rd party laboratories agreements
- Specify what analytical and sampling equipment is needed to support operations, work with vendors to purchase and install equipment, and create and maintain analytical standards
- Review and approve engineering contractor deliverables associated with sample locations and analytical equipment requirements for operations
- Provide suggestions, strategies and recommendations for improved production rates, efficiencies, yields, and cost reduction initiatives
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project
- Develop laboratory procedures and standards for the refinery
- Support laboratory information management system setup and implementation for successful project startup and operations
- Support and organize analytical support required for project commissioning and startup activities as needed
- Provide analytical support as a chemist to support operations and engineering teams with troubleshooting refinery issues
- Train operations on proper sampling techniques and assuring field lab equipment calibration
- Hire, train, and supervise laboratory support staff and technicians required to run and support a 24/7 operating refinery laboratory
- Other duties as assigned
- BS, MS, or PhD science degree, preferably in Chemistry
- Minimum of 10+ years of laboratory operations management experience in petrochemical, refining, or heavy industrial sectors operations, 15+ years experience preferred
- Lead role in defining, implementing, maintaining, and managing a refinery laboratory
- Experience with renewable feedstock, hydro-processing, hydrogen production, and gas plant equipment analytics preferred
- Proven ability to provide analytical troubleshooting and support for large complex industrial projects
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Experience in seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Project engineering experience is a plus.
Apply now for confidential consideration!
This is a direct hire opportunity
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer