Job: Entry Level Structural Engineer
Location: Portland, Oregon
Role: We are looking to hire an Entry Level Structural Engineer to support our client (a leading global engineering consultancy) for a contract position. You will be starting your journey to becoming an integral member of the design team, counted on to assist in the performance of Structural analysis and design for our client’s projects.
Under close supervision, competently perform all conventional aspects of Structural Engineering and analysis:
- Develop judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Develop engineering judgement and problem-solving skills, not hesitating to reach out to others for guidance or confirmation when questions arise
- Develop knowledge of principles and practices of seismic design, including ability to apply required provisions of the building code
- Exhibit a high level of attention to detail and quality control, being committed to checking your own work and reaching out to peers and seniors for guidance when questions arise
Take responsibility for managing workload, make and keep commitments, and take full ownership of assigned work:
- Take complete ownership of your portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements
- You may be given tasks with ill-defined conditions of satisfaction, in which case you will be expected to take the initiative to determine what is needed to meet the project and client needs
- Recognize when help is needed, reaching out to peers and senior engineers for guidance
- Work in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner with strong attention to detail
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in Structural Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Additional qualities that are beneficial to have:
- MS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experience with STAAD, Navisworks, and Bluebeam
- Experience with US building codes including IBC, ASCE 7, ACI, and AISC
- Experience designing and analyzing traditional steel and concrete structures
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Able to perform field walks. This may include climbing ladders, crawling under raised access floors, or walking/standing for extended periods of time.
- This position may require you to either work in the local office or from your home office.
- You may be asked to support work for/in other offices (possibly including Temporary Duty Assignments)
About PTS Advance:
Founded in 1995, by Ron & June Stein and still family owned to this day, Principal Technical Services (PTS) Advance was designed to meet a gap in the market. We provide people to Energy & Infrastructure as well as, Life Sciences companies that want to do more than just ‘fill a position’.
Interested? Contact Hannah Johnson at 949-268-4083 or via email at Hannah.Johnson@PTSadvance.com for a discussion!