Electrical & Instrument Control Technican
Jolon, CA Posted: 4/20/2021
PTS Advance is looking for experienced Electrical & Instrument Control Technician to work on site for our Client in Southern Monterey County, California. This is a full time direct hire position with benefits. STOCK OPTIONS - Offered for every level of employee, 401k plan - PTO and Holiday Pay. The Plant provides Waste to Energy - Providing zero waste and energy to the facility. Currently going through construction and commissioning to get the plant online.
The Electrical Instrumentation & Control Technician will install, configure, calibrate, and troubleshoot instrumentation. They will work closely with the operations team to ensure safe and reliable operation of process instrumentation and control systems and provide support to the engineering team to specify and install new instrumentation in support of plant improvements and engineering design studies.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Perform installation and maintenance activities during frequent plant turnarounds.
- Specify and procure materials required for installation of new instrumentation (Cabling and cord sets, instrumentation tubing and fittings).
- Perform physical installation of new instrumentation (Pressure, Temperature, Flow, Analytical) to support process upgrades and engineering design studies.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance on pneumatic actuated valves.
- Perform troubleshooting and maintenance for control valves and instrumentation during operation campaigns.
- Perform all tasks in accordance with LOTO and electrical safety requirements.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Technical Certification, Associate Degree (EE Tech) or other technical or related field certification preferred.
- 3+ years' technical field engineering in a similar role, plus may substitute 4+ years" exp.
- in lieu of Associate degree.
- Rockwell Automation (Allen Bradley) experience a plus
- ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLC
- Powerflex 753 amd 525 VFDs and E300 Motor Control Relays
- Completion of Swagelok Tube Fittings Essentials or equivalent training a plus
- Completion of Flowserve Control Valve Maintenance or equivalent training a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong experience troubleshooting and maintaining pneumatically actuated control and shutoff valves.
- Strong experience installing instrumentation including but not limited to physical location and impulse tubing configurations to ensure proper operation.
- Working knowledge of process instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow, pH, gas monitors, etc.) and process control systems including low voltage, A/D, Ethernet IP protocols, Modbus IP and RTU, control panels up to 480VAC, motor starters, VFD"s and associated control panel components.
- Strong electrical safety knowledge including arc flash protection and proper methods when working with live circuits. LOTO process certification in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and use P&ID diagrams, ladder logic charts, schematics, panel layouts and other engineering documentation.
- Proper use and working knowledge of test and measurement equipment (DVDM"s, signal generators, oscilloscopes, data loggers, etc.)
- Knowledge of Class I, Div. I & II explosion proof, non-incendive and intrinsically safe instrumentation.
- Oil & Gas and/or Power Generation industry experience is desired and a strong plus!
- Experience troubleshooting sequence of operations and test procedures for instrumentation.
- Must pass military background checks to access US Military facilities.
- Must have acceptable results for post-offer background checks, drug screen, and medical tests/exams.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Already have an account? Log in here