Senior Instrument & Controls Engineer
Walnut Creek, CA Posted: 4/15/2021
PTS Advance is seeking a Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer for small to mid-size projects in the industrial oil & gas, pipeline, power, heavy industrial and related sectors. Our client is a privately held consulting firm specializing in electrical power, instrumentation, and control (ICE) systems for the downstream, mid-stream and energy sectors, and the power industry. This is a temp to perm position. No relocation paid. Local candidate preferred. Compensation is based on experience.
Job responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Engineering and designing ICE systems for new facilities, expanded, or upgraded facilities.
- Performing engineering calculations for sizing and specifying equipment.
- Preparing equipment and construction specifications.
- Providing CAD Technicians with technical content for the creation of engineering drawings and construction documents.
- Back checking CAD work, managing engineering project files, and supporting other staff with project related activities as-needed to meet project goals, schedules and deliverables.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting system issues and recommending options and solutions.
- Reviewing and analyzing bid documents, with recommendations for contract awards.
- Carrying out site visits to scope out project work, observing and documenting existing systems in high degree of detail (as-building), carrying out field follow-up on construction activities related to the drawing packages developed by the Company.
Tasks will vary in complexity, depending upon project requirements, necessitating a flexible work approach. The roles and responsibilities for the position will be dictated by the individual"s level of experience and aptitude for taking on and completing work, and on the available work on hand.
Typical assignments may include:
- Detailed design and documentation of I&E systems including, but not limited to, schematic (elementary) diagrams, interconnecting diagrams, control panel layouts, electrical site/conduit plans, installation details, conduit and circuit schedules and equipment plans.
- Review of reference drawings received form clients, coordinating electrical design and implementation with other technical disciplines (piping, mechanical, structural, etc.) in-house as well as with other consultants and with Client's Engineering and Operations personnel.
- Review of bid and construction drawings.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 10-12 years in Engineering, including projects, plant support and field work, with emphasis on process industries and utilities. Less experience will be considered based on candidate"s qualifications and work background.
- Certification: EIT or PE desired but not required.
- Strong understanding aspects of project engineering, including cost engineering (job estimating) and project scheduling.
Working knowledge of:
- Analog and digital instrumentation, such as process measurements (temperature, flow, pressure), PLC and DCS-based controls, auxiliary devices, signal conditioners, annunciators, machinery monitoring systems, analyzers, etc.
- Distributed control systems (familiarity with systems such as Honeywell TDC/ Experion, Foxboro/Schneider, etc.), Rosemount Delta V, etc., (not all systems required)
- Instrument piping: small-bore pneumatics, materials, control valves, installation details, etc.
- Basic knowledge of low voltage a-c systems (<480V a-c, 120V a-c)
- Ability to navigate the National Electrical Code, familiarity with IEEE and ANSI standards, and State codes.
- Ability to work with a project team, including design/drafting personnel.
- Understanding of AutoCAD and Microstation a plus.
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
Already have an account? Log in here