JOB: Building Supervisor
LOCATION: Jacksonville, FL
ROLE: We are looking to hire a Building Supervisor to serve as a representative of our client. The incumbent is responsible for the management of multiple accounts, and the personnel assigned to each account. This Supervisor will ensure that all services are being provide in an appropriate and cost-effective manner.
JOB EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
· Assist the Account Manager in controlling and maintaining all the assigned locations within the assigned budget.
· Work scheduling of all account personnel
· Sanitary supplies (toilet tissue, paper towel, liners, etc.)
· Use of cleaning supplies, equipment and machinery, and safety equipment.
· Prepare daily reports of events that occurred each night regarding schedules/staff/situations that were out of the ordinary
· Conducting locations inspections/audits to ensure the job was performed within the company and client quality standards and requirements.
· Perform, at least, five (5) inspections per week.
· Perform correction and prevention actions to correct findings and/or unsatisfactory work as needed.
· Provide completed inspections to the Operations/Account Manager with the action plan, if needed.
· Maintain inspections file up to date.
· Training, counseling, and discipline (as necessary) the assigned staff to ensure company policies and procedures are followed.
· Time sheet
· Communication logs
· Use of supplies, including chemicals.
· Support personnel, customer relations and special project work, as needed.
· Establish and maintain effective lines of communications with the client and facility personnel to ascertain that their needs and requirements.
· Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
· Maintain an environment that is sanitary, attractive, and in orderly condition.
· Demonstrate and promote company culture, values, and management philosophy.
· Demonstrate quality leadership in meeting performance plans.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
· 3-5 years in the janitorial industry with operating experience.
· Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
2. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and achieve effective time management.
3. Ability to work well under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
4. Sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines; self-directed.
5. Strong commitment to service and quality standards as well as client satisfaction.
6. Support company's corporate goals and objectives, serving as a positive role model.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
8. Strong interpersonal skills including but not limited to tact, maturity, flexibility, etc.
9. Strong written and oral communication skills.
10. Demonstrated proficiency with general business.
11. Required to work occasional weekends.
12. Bilingual (Spanish/English)
PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS REQUIRED:
1. Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods. Requires bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Possible exposure to chemicals requiring special clothing or safety equipment.
· Interpersonal Confidence/Know How to Do - Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; creates and builds positive and productive relationships with employees and customers.
· Manages Others - Able to develop goals and strategies and help direct reports attain them; can coach and mentor in a direct, fair manner. Holds people accountable. Builds teams effectively; sets clear expectations and objectives; develops a collaborative environment where people are interested in achieving or exceeding objectives; invites a dialogue between members of the team to bring out the best in others; encourages feedback and input.
· Oral/Written Communication - Knows how to present ideas effectively and persuasively; has a strong verbal presence; can convey concepts in a wide-variety of forums. (Speaking to large/small groups, one-on-one, etc.). Can write thoughts and concepts in a clear and organized manner; effectively manages formal and informal communication.
· Organizational Ability - Can manage time and resources to get projects completed; has a strong ability to multi-task and keep order.
· Organizational Savvy - Understands how organizations operate; able to manage him or herself effectively in a highly political environment; predicts the potential problems one might encounter in an organization; quick learner in understanding company cultures; is knowledgeable about business practices and how they may impact the organization.
· Prioritization & Time Management - Can decipher what is most important; can waylay trivial tasks and focus on the goal; can create a plan of attack to complete the task or project at hand; uses time resourcefully and successfully.
· Problem Solving - Able to use logic to solve challenging problems; negotiates effectively under the most difficult of circumstances; able to resolve problems in a fair way; gains the respect and trust of others involved in the negotiations.
· Integrity & Values - Can be trusted to act in a manner that is truthful and values direct, honest communication at all levels of the organization.
PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS REQUIRED:
· Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods. May require bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting up to 50 pounds.