To design analog and digital power electronic devices from concept to schematic and PCB through to manufacturing.
To work with chief technology officer to develop reliable leading edge analog and digital electronic
circuitry, identify and implement next generation products for advanced power emulators and support
• Develop power electronics product including power and analog circuitry, magnetics and firmware from concept through to manufacture, meeting safety and reliability, cost, manufacturing and performance requirements.
• Participation in development, testing and approval of complex power electronic based systems.
• Prototype design and verification
• Plan and execute verification and validation activities.
• To develop new product using modular approach maximizing reusability and efficiency.
• Preparation of technical and regulatory documentation, including production documentation, BOM, manuals, test instructions etc.
• Use computer assisted engineering and design software and tools to perform engineering tasks.
• Participate in design reviews, project meetings and time/cost budgeting.
• Failure analysis and fault remediation
• Communicate with different parties – customer, vendor, internal engineering and manufacturing; to ensure product meets customer specifications, and quality standards.
• Meeting project schedules, deadlines and budgets.
• Order components, tools and services as required for product and prototype development
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering, Master’s degree a plus
• 7+ years’ experience in motor control, switching power supplies, DC/DC converters, or other power electronics
• Analog power circuits design, wide bandgap semiconductors, controls and control theory, motor drive synchronous frame expertise
• FPGA/VHDL software design, and Power HIL system design and CAN/Ethernet experience a plus
• Experience using design software i.e. Altium is an asset
• Requires a working knowledge of designing analog and digital devices from concept
• Possesses strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Goal-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision