Position Summary: The Process Controls Engineer (PCE) is responsible for improving the safety, reliability, operability, and maintainability of all BioFuels Biorefinery and Feedstock Processing Facility assets by identifying and resolving automation risks that could adversely affect operations. Additionally, the PCE is responsible for ensuring the initial Biorefinery Distributed Control System (DCS) is functional and for making improvements to the DCS as needed.
* Ensures the reliability and operability of all process controls and safety systems.
* Maintains Distributed Control System (DCS) and Programable Logic Controllers (PLC) at the Feedstock Processing Facility and Biorefinery. Must be fluent in Modicon, Allen Bradley, Siemens SIMATIC, and Omron PLC Languages and be skilled at troubleshooting and modifying logic and graphics as needed for plant improvements.
* Leads the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) for automated control systems at the Biorefinery.
* Manages and controls all changes and updates to the control systems. Uses an appropriate change control process ranging from log entries to the Management of Change process.
* Works with the Engineering group, Maintenance and Reliability and Operations Teams in development and execution of engineered solutions to resolve facility issues.
* Conducts other duties as assigned.
* 10+ years of operations or maintenance/reliability engineering experience in the refining or chemical processing industry.
* Experience in process/project engineering work.
* B.S. Degree in a technical discipline, preferably Engineering or related field.
* To ensure the effective and safe performance of the job, the ability to effectively communicate in English with others, in both written and in verbal form is required, as well as reading and writing skills, and the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
* Valid driver"s license and ability to maintain such license.
* Successful completion of a post-contingent offer medical examination to ensure the physical requirements (listed below) necessary for the safe operation of job-related as consistent with business necessity, as allowed by federal and state law, can be performed without endangering the health and safety of themselves or others.
* Company has made the determination that the performance of the essential functions of this position has safety-related implications. As a result, the position requires successful completion of a post-contingent offer drug and alcohol test and is subject to Drug and Alcohol Policy.
* Successful verification of information contained on employment application, as well as a background check.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
* Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as a professional and courteous attitude. Ability to prepare accurate and reliable reports using both technical and non-technical language. Ability to maintain detailed, complete and accurate records.
* Ability to effectively operate a computer using program applications appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities.
* Ability to organize projects, accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
* Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.