Construction Division Manager
Our client is an industrial contractor with a strong reputation in Refineries, and Petroleum. Our ideal candidate will have experience and existing contacts within this industry, but also be able to develop new business relationships.
They are seeking a Construction Division Manager with experience in Civil and Mechanical Construction for their Southern California region based in the Long Beach Area.
As the Construction Division Manager your primary purpose is to plan, direct and coordinate the Company"s general, mechanical and civil construction activities and to ensure that the goals and objectives for each project are accomplished within budget and schedule established for that project.
Other responsibilities include:
- Responsible for allocation of resources and oversight of multiple industrial construction and maintenance projects.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with clients, trade unions, suppliers, subcontractors and Company management and support functions.
- Successfully and profitably execute projects comprising a range of project values and contracting forms.
- 10 plus years experience working in refinery and industrial maintenance or construction field in a supervisory or management capacity.
- Experience with and understanding of project administrative processes, practices and documents, including timekeeping, work breakdown structures, cost tracking, progress tracking, daily reporting, customer reports, requests for information, work-in-progress projections.
- Experience with and understanding of construction contracts and contract change order processes.
- Experience in construction project safety and quality control programs and practices.
- Experience in and understanding of construction project resource management practices applicable to labor, vehicles, equipment, tooling, materials, subcontractors and other items. Ability to work efficiently in Word, Excel, Microsoft Office Suite of programs and understand MS Project and P6 Scheduling.
- Advanced ability to read and interpret engineering drawings/blueprints and specifications as required to evaluate and determine the scope and cost of work and to communicate work instructions project personnel.
- Possess or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Must be able to write, review, validate and/or optimize the activities contained in industrial project engineering documentation, designs, plans, scopes, specifications, execution plans and schedules.
- Must be able to meet all company and customer qualifications including but not limited to Drug/Alcohol Screen(s), Excellent Driving Record, and Background Screen, Fit-for-Duty Physicals, Medical Screens/Respirator Fit Tests as well as General Industry and Site Specific Training requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field or combination of experience and education to perform the role effectively.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Our client offers competitive salaries and bonus based on experience and qualifications and a full benefits package, including health insurance, paid holidays and vacation time, and 401(K).
Company vehicle or allowance.
PTS and its clients are Equal Opportunity Employers
In this role you will:
- Ensure that the Construction Division performance meets the safety, quality and cost effectiveness expectations of the Company and its customers.
- Lead the Construction Division and other Company personnel and managing resources in the performance of construction and construction related services in oil & gas production facilities, oil refineries, chemical and other industrial facilities.
- Ensure that the Construction Division"s work, operations and activities comply with Company and customer requirements and applicable government regulations.
- Ensure the Construction Division is profitable and that its business operations and methods are fiscally responsible, conducted in the Company"s best interest and consistent with Company policies.
- Understand, communicate and enforce the Company Safety and Performance Program (PASS)
- Develop Construction Division personnel at all levels to achieve effective performance and meet Division goals.
- Manage and direct Union, IBEW crafts in the execution of industrial construction projects and turnarounds in oil & gas refineries, petrochemical facilities.
- Manage cost effective use of Company resources by the Construction Division, including support staff, vehicles, equipment, tools and systems.
- Manage the Division"s procurement of good and services to ensure it is conducted consistently with Company policies and best interests, customer contractual requirements and fiscal good practice.
- Receive and evaluate customer requests for construction related budgets, pricing, quotes and proposals and lead the Company"s response to such requests. Ensure such responses are complete, accurate, clearly communicate the Company"s intentions and commitments, are based on a thorough understanding of customer requirements and indicate clarifications and exceptions to customer requirements as needed.
- Ensure that Company pricing of work is adequate to cover the Company"s responsibilities under proposed contracts, sufficient to achieve profit levels required by the Company and reflective of the performance risk the Company will be assuming.
- Actively participate in business development and development of customer relationships.
- Ensure that pre-project budgeting, planning, scheduling, procurement, personnel assignments, equipment allocations and other preparations for successful projects are completed in a timely and effectively.
- Manage the execution of projects for best results. Provide leadership and direction to project managers and senior supervision in the successful execution of projects.
- Monitor the performance, progress and cost of each project and provide management with accurate cost and schedule projections.
- Ensure the effective implementation and use of the Company"s safety program and any project specific safety measures on each project.
- Assist the client by identifying constructability inefficiencies and recommend changes.
- Generate project execution plans and execute projects from receipt of PO to completion and closeout without safety or environmental incident.
- Visit project sites to lead progress meetings, monitor progress.
- Collaborate with Project Superintendent(s) to creatively resolve construction challenges.
- Assess and accurately communicate daily construction progress to company and client management.
- Complete, compile, organize and return all required project documentation for invoice preparation and project closeout.
- Responsible for Project Cost Control to include reviewing and approval of invoices and timesheets and budget updates.
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring of less experienced members of the team.
- Actively participates in group leadership development activities, onboarding of employees and safety training.
- Works closely with the other departments for recruitment, hiring, performance management, project management, job tracking, accounting, safety, etc.