Southern California Pipeline Operations Manager
Long Beach, CA Posted: 4/5/2021
Provide leadership and direction for the Pipeline Operations organization operating in Southern California to safely and efficiently transport and properly account for crude oil from the production facilities in Ventura and the Los Angeles Basin to refineries in Southern California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage Southern California Field Operations working closely in conjunction with the Measurement Manager, Technical Services Manager, and Pipeline Control Center.
- Supervise and develop division employees; align division employees with corporate/company policies, procedures and goals. Directs the operations and maintenance of the pipeline system through management of Team Leads.
- Ensure compliance with PHMSA and California State Fire Marshal (DOT valve inspections, DOT device checks, Air Patrol reports, structure inspections, One Calls and corrosion surveys, etc.) requirements.
- Monitors administration of company policies, evaluates employee performance and goal achievement.
- Champion safe work habits while maintaining focus on spill prevention.
- Ensure and verify that all ROW personnel understand and comply with all established company policies and guidelines, as well as all associated federal and state regulations regarding the protection of the pipelines.
- Authorize all Authorization for Expenditures and invoices that pertain to Southern California Operations.
- Support the planning and execution of Engineering projects within the Southern California Operations.
- Focal point of contact for external customers such as producers and other pipeline companies.
- Emergency Response responsibilities within assigned area.
- Ensure the community is aware of company's Public Awareness Program.
- Resolve safety and environmental concerns as well as daily and monthly measurement issues.
- Build strong working relationships with company's Business Leaders and the community at large.
- And any other duties as assigned.
- High School l Diploma required
- College and/or technical degree from an accredited college required. May consider experience in lieu of degree.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- 7 - 10 years pipeline operations experience.
- Experience managing company expenses and an annual budget.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- In-depth knowledge of Regulatory Compliance, PHMSA, CSFM and OSHA as they relate to the Pipeline industry.
- Able to coach and mentor staff and work collaboratively with other groups to share and implement best practices.
- Able to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (training, presentations, etc.) with the ability to influence others, communicate effectively, manage conflicting priorities, and establish strong rapport with internal and external clients.
- Able to make sound recommendations, decisions and project plans that facilitate on-time and on-budget project completion that secures the continuing safe and compliant operation of the business.
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and ongoing screening.
- Valid Driver"s License required.
- Up to 50% travel requirement within California / overnight travel required.
Already have an account? Log in here