Project Controls Specialist
Robinson, IL Posted: 4/1/2021
Our client is a major refinery serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. Operates an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets. They are looking for a Project Controls Specialist to support their upcoming turnaround in Illinois.
This person will also be responsible for
- Prepare Check Estimates for Turnaround.
- Prepare Control Estimates for Turnaround.
- Prepare Allocations for Turnaround.
- Prepare Earned Value Curve for Turnaround.
- Prepare and review allocation and exception rules for TAR Reporting.
- Review Schedule 9"s against current rates.
- Review charge code matrix with assigned contractors for Turnaround.
- Review maintenance work orders for needed Solomon analysis in SAP.
- Provide TAR Controls analysis.
- Perform cost review function for contractor-submitted Contractor Supplied Materials and equipment allocation sheets.
- Recognize 'lump sum' cost adjustments as necessary.
- Accrue equipment monthly on behalf of all cost groups.
- Review daily productivity reports and earned vs. expended hours reports for possible miscoding, incorrect craft codes, or other mis-identifications during turnaround.
- Provide the Projects Control & Turnaround Supervisors with daily manpower adjustments and manpower counts daily during turnaround.
- Assist with TAR Equipment Management and provides detailed reporting.
- Conduct Post-TAR analysis and verification of allocations.
- Collect and prepare data for Solomon reporting.
- Provide reconciliation of cost movements to Accounting.
- Provide settlement rules for matrix work orders in SAP.
Budgeting & Cost Forecasting
- Develop cost re-forecasts for turnaround at end of discovery and as needed throughout turnaround
- Based on 5 and 6 year budgets, prepare projected Solomon maintenance and turnaround indices
- Report daily turnaround costs vs. Control Estimate and Budget
- Report daily costs on the Earned Value Curve
- Report on monthly costs vs. budget for Maintenance Programs and Maintenance Units and provide information to program 'champions'
- Provides daily cost status to Leadership team and corporate reporting during Turnaround.
- 2.28 Provide KPI reporting to Turnaround Coordinator at the end of turnaround Problem Solving
- Resolve disputed contractor costs in coordination with Procurement
- Find and correct any costs which have not allocated as designed
- Attend the Maintenance Department safety meetings
- Incorporate and provide safety cost data and hours expended for turnarounds
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO if approved by the client.
Already have an account? Log in here