Entry-Level Procurement Specialist
Petrolia, PA Posted: 4/1/2021
Our client is an independent petroleum refiner that produces high-value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, specialty lubricant products and specialty and modified asphalt. In addition, they produce base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 countries. They are seeking a Procurement Specialist ll to join their team in Petrolia, PA. This is a 4 month contract position with the possibility for extension.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes requisitions into procurement orders for routine and non-routine, repetitive and some non-repetitive, materials, equipment, and services.
- Identifies and selects suppliers based on various criteria, including safety, assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation; considers requisitioner input, applies experience with prior purchases, current agreements and situations, may seek additional input from others. Administers Supplier/Contractor Pre-qualification requirements relating to Safety and Risk.
- Coordinates transportation and logistics requirements by selecting appropriate transportation method for items purchased; may coordinate with a third party logistics provider; may participate in transportation provider audits
- Coordinates with requisitioners and suppliers to obtain and provide feedback regarding technical aspects of purchases, delivery requirements, order status, and expected delivery dates or to resolve supply issues. Obtains ongoing material requirements and related data to analyze and support procurement agreement development and/or supplier evaluations. Maintains a positive business relationship with suppliers
- Works closely with maintenance, operations, engineering, environmental, laboratory, health & safety and training on a daily basis, and with legal in negotiating terms and conditions
- Negotiates terms and conditions (T&C's), hourly labor/equipment rates, mark-ups, prices, etc., with Supplier/Contractor to obtain the best possible outcome for company. Develops and monitors procurement agreements by gathering and analyzing data and/or assisting with preparing and processing bid invitations. Participates in and may prepares for supplier qualification and/or performance audits
- Monitors PO's, contracts, and suppliers for open PO's/contracts, contacts suppliers, and takes action to assure materials and services are delivered when needed; monitors supplier performance. Assists in development of performance measures and may update said measures. May participate in vendor audits. Applies appropriate tax handling of PO's by identifying and properly coding tax exempt items and preparing tax exemption certificates. May train other buyers
- Identifies and qualifies new sources of supply and processes DIG requests. Discusses proposed suppliers with requisitioners and investigates to determine actual need. Participates in and may prepare for and/or lead audits of proposed suppliers
- Solicits bids to obtain or verify pricing; occasionally per corporate guide >$50,000; occasionally for procurement agreements and/or projects
- Identifies bidders and prepares bids considering requisitioner input and applying experience with prior purchases and situations. May seek additional input from others. Conducts pre-bid meetings and job walks.
- Prepares RFx and manages sourcing events for purchases of goods and/or services >$50,000. Conducts bid evaluations.
- Prepares goods and services agreements including master agreements.
- Reconciles invoices for payment by working with AP. Seeks understanding and works with AP to prevent future discrepancies. Recommends process changes to department manager
- Ensures procurement procedures and guidelines are followed by becoming thoroughly familiar with them and identifying issues as they arise. Recommends and may develop changes; participates in their implementation. May train plant personnel and others
- Prepares procurement requisitions for department supplies and occasionally for plant personnel to facilitate obtaining expedited materials or emergency repairs to standard refinery equipment
- May perform some or all Inventory/ Materials Specialist duties, including: May process new warehouse stock requests and initiate procurement for routine items; may review and process automatic stock reorders. May manage and/or maintain inventory levels and quantities, including all aspects of physical inventories.
- Minimum of 2 years of Procurement / Inventory Control experience, preferably in a refinery or heavy industrial plant environment.
- Strong background with RFP launch, contract negotiation, and contract preparation/execution
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of products
Already have an account? Log in here