Rotating Equipment Supervisor
Ferndale, WA Posted: 3/31/2021
PTS Advance has a great opportunity for a Rotating Equipment Supervisor at a local refinery in Ferndale Washington.
Local candidates preferred, but all candidates will be considered. This position will require relocating to Washington state.
The Rotating Equipment Supervisor reports to the Routine Maintenance Superintendent and is responsible for the safety, productivity, quality, and development of field and machinist maintenance crafts involved with the maintenance and machining activities for rotating equipment and other equipment at the refinery.
- Leads the team in safety and health excellence by, among other activities, recognizing and stopping unsafe behavior, recognizing and reporting safety hazards, completing assigned safety training, and complying with PSM elements.
- Ensures conformity with all safety policies and compliance programs, such as incident reporting, incident investigations, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Process Safety Management (PSM), safety meetings, safety and housekeeping audits, and Safe Practices and Procedures.
- Supervises craftsmen in both the machine shop and field environment in the maintenance and troubleshooting of pumps, compressors, blowers, fans, steam turbine drivers, motor operated valves, loading arms, hydraulic systems, etc.
- Provides strong leadership while ensuring that safety, productivity, and quality of work objectives are met.
- Motivates and builds trust within team through open and consistent communications, constructive feedback, sound decision making, demonstrating technical aptitude, timely follow-up, and leading by example,
- Ensures all required training has been completed and champions advancement of craft skills among team.
- Leads daily toolbox safety meetings; Leads daily review and assignment of maintenance work to craftsmen.
- Identifies and removes barriers to productivity and efficiency of work crews. Maximizes time on tools.
- Participates in daily and other periodic meetings including operations coordination, maintenance updates, scheduling priorities, backlog reviews, staff meetings, supervisor training, etc.
- Assists in planning and issuance of daily work schedules for crews.
- Ensures work crews comply with established repair quality standards and procedures. Monitors repair rework issues and develops corrective actions as necessary.
- Interacts with engineers and other support staff in resolving reliability issues, problems with equipment repairs, or preventative maintenance tasks.
- Journeyman millwright or Journeyman machinist or advanced degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in an industrial environment
- Strong management skills and ability to supervise department employees
- Field expertise with rotating equipment
- Detail oriented and very knowledgeable regarding the equipment, including the ability to provide technical guidance and troubleshooting expertise
- Willing and able to perform and comply with the following:
- Travel up to 5% of the time
- Work extended hours, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Be on call 24/7/365
- Respond to refinery emergencies during off-hours
- Work safely near large, hot, high-speed machines
- Climb ladders and stairs up to 200 feet in height
- Transport articles up to 50 pounds
- Work around chemicals, including acids and bases
- Work around hydrocarbons under high pressure and heat
- Work outside in harsh weather conditions
- Wear fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection) and maintain your face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven)
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
- 10+ years of experience as a machinist/millwright or rotating equipment specialist/engineer.
- Hands on knowledge of pump, turbine, and compressor overhauls, with the ability to share that knowledge with others.
- In-depth knowledge of API repair specifications and tolerances.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and equipment maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of SAP, Impact, KMS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, etc)
- Strong and effective communication skills (verbal and written) in both individual and group settings
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work well with others
- Knowledge of PSM
- Knowledge of safe work practices
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate work with both hourly and salaried employees
- In-depth knowledge of Pump, Compressor, and Turbine API repair Standards.
- Ability to pursue basic equipment upgrades during shop repairs with minimal oversite.
- Familiarity with API flush plans.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here