Job: Chemical Laboratory Technician
Location: Plaquemine, Louisiana
Role: We are looking to hire several Chemical Laboratory Technicians to support our renown client"s manufacturing facility. These individuals will assist with supporting the QA/QC process through routine, daily testing of production samples and reporting analytical data. Our client takes pride in consistent product quality, on time delivery, and environmental care. This position is contract to hire.
- Daily operation of analytical instruments (GC, ICP, HPLC, etc.), along with the calibration, routine maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Managing lab inventory and the handling of samples.
- Ensure compliance to internal/external procedures and standards requirements.
- Monitor trends in data and know when exactly to escalate issues to management
- Demonstrate initiative in maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation, special projects, or non-compliance of product specifications.
- Quickly grasp and do the work assigned going above and beyond the requirements of the job, willing to take on new work as directed.
- Interact and work with individuals of various backgrounds (co-workers, customers and clients)
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- A Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in a QA/QC lab environment
- 1-3 years of experience in a polymer and/or specialty chemical lab
- Experience with Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel)
- Maintain a safe working environment by following chemical hygiene requirements
- Able to multitask while maintaining a firm focus on quality
Additional Qualities that are beneficial to have:
- A strong background and experience in analytical methods is desired.
- Experience with analytical equipment and the ability to troubleshoot and perform maintenance is also desired.
- Valid TWIC card
About PTS Advance: Founded in 1995, Principal Technical Services (PTS) Advance was designed to meet a gap in the market. We provide people to Energy & Infrastructure as well as, Life Sciences companies that want to do more than just "fill a position".
Interested? Contact Hannah Johnson at 949-268-4083 or via email at Hannah.Johnson@PTSadvance.com for a confidential discussion!