Long Beach, CA Posted: 3/25/2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares PFDs and P&IDs, including specifying control loops
- Prepares hydraulic calculations, heat & material balances.
- Prepares line, valve, & equipment sizing.
- Prepares relief valve and instrument elements sizing.
- Prepares and modifies process control narratives from P&ID"s and PFD"s.
- Prepares process calculation tools using Excel.
- Conducts detailed reviews of vendor drawings/documents for accuracy and to meet project objectives.
- Ability to interface with clients, vendors and equipment suppliers.
- Prepares studies, including cost-benefit analysis for competing process solutions resulting in robust, cost effective designs.
- Communicates and interfaces openly and frequently with Project Managers, Project Engineers and other Managers of discipline engineers. Participates in periodic project reviews and client discussions, as required, to ensure client satisfaction.
- Promotes value engineering and technical review through periodic reviews of process design documents and Company standards.
- Keeps current with advances in technology in the marketplace.
- Maintains strict compliance and technical support with Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes and procedures as well as EH&S.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience being in the field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering required.
- Five to eight years' relevant process engineering experience required.
- Being a P.E. is a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD, CADWORX and Navisworks is a plus.
- Working knowledge of feasibility studies, HAZOP"s and PHA studies preferred.
Valid driver's license with a driving required in good standing required
Already have an account? Log in here