Automation Engineering Technician
dallas, TX Posted: 3/16/2021
Automation Engineering Technician
Summary of essential job functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Understands and follows all safety regulations and actively participates in plant safety programs.
- Identifies parts needed for electrical maintenance and improvement projects coordinates the procurement through the plant stock room.
- Tests equipment for safety, performance, and efficiency. Uses electrical hand tools and/or voltage or amperage measuring and recording devices. Selects, installs, configures and calibrates instruments and devices.
- Performs electrical and controls layouts, updates and creates electrical drawings in CAD or other electrical drawing software.
- Commissions and Tunes basic variable frequency, vector, and servo drives and is able to integrate drives into the PLC and HMI.
- Creates, modifies and has the ability to troubleshoot PLC and HMI programs.
- Trains maintenance and operations on new systems and updates LOTO and SOP information.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Works overtime, nights and weekends (less than 5%) as required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Proficient project management skills, basic electrical theory, and troubleshooting techniques.
- 3 years industrial troubleshooting experience on advanced control systems (drives, PLC , HMI, instrumentation and process.) preferred.
- 5 yrs. experience with Siemens PLC, Drive, Wonderware HMI, and instrumentation background (or 7 years" experience without) preferred.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical requirements/work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to moving mechanical systems and around/near energized electrical systems while following necessary safety procedures and wearing appropriate PPE.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to position himself/herself to operate, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and/or or maintain heavy plant equipment. This may require climbing stairs/ladders, bending, kneeling, crawling, and/or stooping. The employee must be able to inspect equipment and detect equipment malfunctions, as well as utilize tools to repair and maintain equipment.
- Employees may be exposed to fumes, odors, and airborne particles. PPE will be required as necessary. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat, vibration, and confined spaces. A respirator may be required at times. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, and hearing protection is provided and required to be worn at all times while working in the facility.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan and other benefits.
Already have an account? Log in here