Paramount, CA Posted: 3/11/2021
The Process Engineer is responsible for providing technical guidance on operating units within a refinery that maintains and improves the safety, environmental standards, and operating cost of the refinery. This role plans, directs and coordinates activities concerned with design, modification, optimization and operation of process equipment in the Refinery by performing the following duties personally or by coordinating the activities with operations, and maintenance and contract personnel. This position is key in establishing and promoting a collaborative culture focused on safe, environmentally compliant, reliable, and optimized operations. This role evaluates process unit operating performance, implements recommendations for optimization, and supports capital improvements in support of long-term sustainable performance.
- Bachelor"s Degree (or higher) from an accredited 4-year college or university in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum two to five (2 - 5) years of process engineering experience is required.
- Refinery or petrochemical industry experience preferred
- Process simulation experience (Pro II / HYSYS) preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide process engineering and technical support to production units, environmental activities and plant projects to improve unit operations, process safety and environmental performance
- Develops and implements process control schemes and control techniques.
- Maintains and optimizes advanced process control programs.
- Maintain environmental compliance by supporting environmental calculations, establish operating parameters, providing input into permit development, and providing accurate data as required
- Monitor unit operations, correct problems and assist in improvements, usually for special problems or projects
- Support to maintain and ensure continuous operation, including assistance during operational upsets or turnarounds
- Support turnaround and unit shutdown planning and execution through participation in scope development, providing justification for work items, and providing technical support during shutdown/startup and outages
- Assist in writing and reviewing unit operating procedures in assigned areas
- Provide process design data for potential refinery improvements, expansions, and compliance projects
- Develop efficiency strategies that optimize process unit profitability by maximizing throughput and yields while minimizing operating costs
- Maintain heat and material balances on assigned units
- Provide operational and technical support for any plant system change. Includes operational review, assistance with cost/benefit analysis, and participating in hazard reviews
- Maintain knowledge of latest technologies and best practices for the refining industry
Additional Work/Skills/Knowledge/Experience Desired:
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including short, long, and emergency timeframes.
- Ability to work in office and plant environment 50%/50%
- Must possess the ability to perform compliance work, the ability to make practical decisions, and the ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship.
Already have an account? Log in here