PTS Advance has an excellent opportunity for the right person to handle all Architectural needs for three (3) different companies. This is a newly created position reporting to the Vice President of Construction. The company pays 100% of premiums for employee-only medical, dental and vision.
The Architect will plan, design, and facilitate the execution of new building designs; and plan, design and facilitate the execution of building expansions and renovations according to company needs, desires, and financial resources. This position is will assist Northern California Railways with their projects. Travel to various northern California locations, including West Sacramento, Oakdale, Fort Brag and Willits.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Identifies requirements, approximate budget, timetable, and possible needs for future expansion and new builds.
- Attempts to identify through collaboration priorities in terms of needs.
- Assists managers in defining their priorities and vision by preparing preliminary sketches of options.
- Prepares and presents designs, specifications, estimated costs, and proposed construction schedule.
- Creates detailed plans integrating engineering, and construction considerations; presents plans for review and approval.
- Modifies new or existing plans as required.
- Prepares scale drawings and contract requirements and submits for bids.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work and deliver finished products independently.
- Capable of managing and executing architectural design process from conceptual through completed construction documents.
- Thorough knowledge of State and Federal Building Codes.
- AutoCAD and Revit proficient.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent problem-solving, negotiation and consultation skills.
- Ability to translate ideas into visual and/or tangible references such as drawings or models.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently managing time.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and effectiveness.
Level of Supervision: Receive very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; exercise independent discretion and judgment regarding significant matters; operate within company guidelines using independent discretion or judgment to achieve assigned objectives.
Required Education and Experience
- Licensed architect in California.
- Bachelor"s degree in Architecture required, Master"s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience.
- Experience in custom residential and commercial.
- Experience obtaining city, county and state building permits.
- Acceptable results of pre-employment, post offer background checks.
- Must be approved via E-Verify.