Jolon, CA Posted: 3/8/2021
PTS Advance is looking for qualified Instrumentation Technicians to work on site for our Client in Southern Monterey County, California.
The Plant provides Waste to Energy - Providing zero waste and energy to the facility. Currently going through construction and commissioning to get the plant online. This is a full time direct hire position with benefits. STOCK OPTIONS - Offered for every level of employee, 401k plan - PTO and Holiday Pay, etc.
Install, configure, calibrate and troubleshoot instrumentation in support of company products. Work closely with the technical staff to ensure safe and reliable operation of process instrumentation and control systems. Provide general troubleshooting, power and instrumentation measurements in both lab and field installations. Receive direction from engineering and other maintenance personnel.
Experience and skill set should include:
- Working knowledge of process instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow, pH, gas monitors, etc.) and process control systems including low voltage, A/D, Ethernet IP protocols, Modbus IP and RTU, control panels up to 480VAC, motor starters, VFD"s and associated control panel components.
- Strong electrical safety knowledge including arc flash protection and proper methods when working with live circuits. LOTO process certification in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and use P&ID; diagrams, ladder logic charts, schematics, panel layouts and other engineering documentation.
- Proper use and working knowledge of test and measurement equipment (DVDM"s, signal generators, oscilloscopes, data loggers, etc.).
- Knowledge of Class I, Div. I & II explosion proof, nonincendive and intrinsically safe requirements.
- Oil & Gas and/or Power Generation industry experience is desired and a strong plus!
- Experience troubleshooting sequence of operations and test procedures for instrumentation.
- Coordination with colleagues in other engineering disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Coordination with clients, equipment vendors and contractors on projects.
- Technical Certification, AAEE (EE Tech) or other technical or related field preferred.
- 3+ years' technical field engineering in a similar role, and may substitute 4 years' experience in lieu of associate"s degree.
- Willing to travel or relocate near project site (Monterey county, CA).
- Rockwell Automation (Allen Bradley) experience a plus.
- ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLC
- Powerflex 753 amd 525 VFDs and E300 Motor Control Relays
- Eligible to work in the United States and obtain access to a military installation.
- Supervision: Receive guidance with respect to general objectives; operate within specific policy guidelines; occasionally use independent discretion and judgment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, climb process ladders and stairways and work safely on elevated process assemblies in all environments. Process plant is an environmentally-exposed process plant similar to a pilot oil/gas operation.
Already have an account? Log in here