Pleasanton, CA Posted: 2/26/2021
PTS Advance has an opportunity in Pleasanton, California for a Project Manager (PM) experienced Fire Systems. We are looking for experience with low voltage system projects in accordance with project budgets, code compliance, and managing the field operations and team-work quality and work output. This position works closely with the sales team, installation team, and clients to ensure a sound design, seamless installation, and professional commissioning of our projects. The PM is a key position and requires attention to detail in all aspects of planning and executing projects. Communication skills, both verbal and written, are important aspects of the PM position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight for all project phases, including coordinating workers, materials, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Review design drawings for conformance with regulations, project specifications, and local and national standards.
- Provide support, guidance, and expertise to the field operations and engineering teams.
- Manage project schedules and manpower planning forecasts.
- Interface with customers including contractors, end users, and fire marshals.
- Project manage, and coordinate installations and commissioning for assigned projects.
- Perform field surveys.
- Read and interpret system designs on blueprints.
- Read and interpret project specifications.
- Ability to estimate and propose change orders on projects.
- Provide monthly updates to project budgets including cost to completes.
- Responsible for project Financials including job costs, billing and executing to estimated gross margins.
- Able to work in a team environment and display leadership qualities.
- 2 to 5 years of experience with commercial fire detection/fire suppression systems.
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a project manager in the fire and security industry. Technical skills, including an in-depth understanding of fire alarm, suppression and security systems.
- NICET level II.
- Strong working knowledge of NFPA72 code requirements.
- Ability to manage job scheduling and job progress in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a strong focus on quality.
- Excellent organizational, decision-making, and communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of fire and security industry.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety standards.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications.
- Paid time off plan and holidays.
- 401(k) matching.
- Short term and long-term disability.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with options.
- Life insurance.
- Professional career development opportunities.
Already have an account? Log in here