Fire Detection Technician
Pleasanton, CA Posted: 2/26/2021
PTS Advance is working with a Bay Area client that has an immediate need for experienced Mid-Level and Senior-Level Fire Detection Technicians. Ideal candidates will have manufacturer training, in-house training, and on-the-job experience as it relates to laying out and programming fire detection systems. Communication skills, both verbal and written are important elements of the position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for reviewing system layouts and coordinating with engineering, project management and sales departments for a successful project execution.
- Produce field surveys and daily project logs of activity.
- Responsible for programming, commissioning and final acceptance by customers and Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) of complex fire detection systems.
- Produce detailed commissioning and inspection reports in accordance with NFPA.
- Responsible for complex troubleshooting and effective resolution.
- Responsible for delivering projects on schedule and within cost budgets.
- Responsible for programming systems via laptop computers.
- Oversight for project inventory and responsible for vehicle inventory.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Provide support, guidance, and expertise to the other technicians.
- Customer-focused, skilled in project and people management.
- Ability to manage job scheduling and job progress in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a strong focus on quality.
- Proficient in issue resolution.
- Excellent organizational, decision-making, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of fire detection industry and product solutions.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety standards.
- 3 - 5+ years of experience in a technician role within the fire detection environment.
- Ability to program and commission complex fire detection systems using a laptop computer.
- Knowledgeable in fire detection code requirements.
- Ability to read fire detection system design drawings.
- Excellent driving record.
- Must be physically capable of performing the essential functions of a Fire Detection Technician, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of yourself or others.
- Minimum NICET Level III.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications.
- Paid time off plan and holidays.
- 401(k) matching.
- Short term and long-term disability.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with options.
- Life insurance.
- Company cell phone, laptop, and vehicle.
- Professional career development opportunities.
Already have an account? Log in here