06010, CT Posted: 2/23/2021
Key responsibilities, deliverables and expectations:
- Reporting to the Regional VP of Operations, the Facility Manager is responsible for leading and managing a team of operations maintenance and plant support employees.
- Incumbent must demonstrate the ability to lead others toward meeting or exceeding financial operational and performance goals in a power generation environment.
- Supports the Business Manager and facilitates successful client relations and management of financial and contractual matters.
- The Facility Manager is a strong advocate for our environment and safety efforts while developing long-term positive relationships with the local community.
- Operates the facility in a manner that protects the health and safety of employees and visitors as a first priority which includes familiarity with regulations and permits governing the facility.
- Maximizes the financial return received by organization from the operation & maintenance of the facility. Coordinates all outage and maintenance planning including utilizing regional and Corp. Resources when necessary.
- Works closely with Business Manager to pursue opportunities aimed at maximizing the return on all assets associated with the facility.
- Manage financial results of the plant. Manage all union related issues if the facility has a labor agreement.
- Strives to improve the performance and takes primary responsibility for all operating expenses.
- Coordinates staff efforts to solve problems and respond to opportunities as well as motivate the team to encourage personal and professional growth.
- Participates in public forums to support business development and community education.
- Maintains effective relationships with local political & community leaders.
- Monitors utilities the competition and other businesses, regarding pricing of opportunities and market influences.
- Ensures compliance with all contracts to protect long-term interests of the company.
- Ensures compliance with environmental standards and applicable governmental regulations.
- Assists the Regional VP with other duties as required.
Master's degree, a plus
A minimum 8 years of relevant experience with a proven track record of increasing managerial responsibility in a power plant environment
Already have an account? Log in here