Job: Technical Writer Technician
Location: The Villages, FL
Role: We are looking to hire a Technical Writer to support our client’s (A leading global engineering consultancy) operations and maintenance functions with their reporting needs. This role will require you to contribute original writing, create and/or edit the work of other authors for large and small environmental technical reports. These reports typically contain text, tables, maps, and other graphics as well as appendices. Additionally, this role will require you to also conduct preliminary review of reports for content, organization, clarity, consistency, grammar, and conformity with our client’s style guides.
The reporting needs include:
- Producing recurring reports for utility and solid waste related activities.
- Creating ad-hoc reports requested by internal staff.
- Providing analytical support to various departments.
- Write and publish executive summaries by distilling and highlighting key points.
Successful Candidate Profile:
- You will need to be self-motivated, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have an interest in environmental sciences and planning.
- You will need to be willing and able to work with colleagues across various offices and achieve tasks associated with a variety of projects in any given week.
- 2 years of experience writing technical documents (ideally within an engineering discipline), explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- A background in utilities and solid waste consulting or a related professional services area is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Skilled in writing, debugging, and documenting complex queries against relational databases.
- Knowledge of Crystal reports, or Microsoft Access.
- Proven communication, presentation, project management, problem solving, and technical skills are also required.
- Assembles and writes content for marketing needs involving but not limited to email campaigns, social media posts, website content, print content, video scripting.
- Works with graphic designer to assemble marketing material and presentations.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills are necessary. Ability to accurately write and proofread proposals, letters of intent, budget narratives, email communications, business letters and memos.
- Ability to maintain a very high level of confidentiality including, but not limited to, client confidentiality, data analysis, and research projects being conducted.
About PTS Advance.
Founded in 1995, by Ron & June Stein and still family owned to this day, Principal Technical Services (PTS) was designed to meet a gap in the market. We provide people and tools to Energy & Infrastructure and Life Sciences companies that want to do more than just ‘fill a position’.