Piping Designer II
Borger, TX Posted: 2/18/2021
PTS, working with a leading refiner, is seeking a Piping Designer II for a long-term assignment in Borger, TX.
The role may require responsibility for collaboration with other offices, field data gathering, the arrangement and layout of equipment and the design of the interconnecting piping systems. The position includes responsibility for the following types of activities:
• Coordination of design activities with other project disciplines.
• Assist in schedule development as part of interactive planning sessions with other project team members.
• Maintain control of project piping scope.
• Knowledge of ASME, ANSI, API and other applicable codes.
• Preparation of plot plans, equipment layout, nozzle orientations
• Development of orthographic and isometric drawings.
• Generate/review piping specifications.
• Provide input for vendor equipment coordination for piping.
• Provide material take-offs.
• Develop construction specifications and scope of work documentation.
• Perform field verification activities since many projects are a retrofit nature.
• Support construction, commissioning and start-up activities.
• Must be able to work in Operating Plant Environments.
• AA in drafting/design or BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline
Minimum of 5 years’ experience
• Piping experience in oil and gas, and/or chemical industries.
• Familiarity with ASME Piping Codes.
Good Tenure on Resume
Already have an account? Log in here