Human Resource Manager
Martinez, CA Posted: 2/17/2021
Our Client is one of the largest independent refiners in North America, PTS Advance is looking for a Human Resources Manager for their plant in Martinez, Ca.
Leading, directing, and supporting all aspects of Human Resources and Medical functions for refinery personnel. Ensuring that management /supervision is aligned with the short and long-term goals of the Company. Implement and maintain Corporate and Local HR policies, procedures, and benefits. Provide strategic and day-to-day support and consultation to the company Leadership. Supervise on various HR issues including employee/labor relations, staffing, employee development, performance evaluation, policy interpretation, and benefits administration.
- 10+ years of professional HR/Labor experience with a minimum of 5 years Employee/Labor Relations experience preferably in the petrochemical, manufacturing or refining industry required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources/Labor or related business field required.
- 15+ years of relevant HR experience required.
- PHR/SPHR Certification and/or advanced courses in the HR field preferred
- Represents the Company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes, or resolving grievances.
- Clear and Concise understanding of the USW Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Acts as a chief spokesperson in labor negotiations with the authority to commit the Company to decisions made at the negotiation table.
- Uses collective bargaining agreements, past practices, research, and other resources to respond to issues and answer union grievances.
- Analyzes and develops labor strategies and succession planning.
- Works proactively to resolve employee relations issues by conducting investigations and recommending viable solutions.
- Provides guidance on disciplinary issues and strategies to supervisors and managers.
- Creates and implements Performance and Talent Management Plans
- Assists in the delivery of training to ensure leadership remains updated with their skills and knowledge of various programs.
- Leads and fully supports the HR Department.
- Participates in the development and implementation of local HR policies and procedures as needed and as required under contract or government regulations.
- Monitors compliance to policies and HR procedures and provide feedback to Company Leadership.
- Provides consultation and expert advice to members of management.
- Ensures refinery administrative procedures, discipline, safety policies, management practices, and labor contracts are administered consistently and fairly.
- Works with representatives from Corporate to implement new rules and regulations issued.
- Reviews and understands all aspect of the benefits offered to employees.
- Maintains the ability to answer questions and help employee with benefits issues, enrollment, and changes. Administers Company policy.
- Authorizes final approval on payroll transaction, benefit invoices, and other invoices created by the department.
- Coordinates directly with the Refinery Leadership Team to develop and control the overall facility budget for production, capital, and expense.
- Develops the department expense budget and continuously monitors these costs to anticipate and control possible variances.
Already have an account? Log in here