PTS Advance has a great opportunity in Northern California. We are looking for an experienced I/E Planner with a refinery background. This is a long term contract position. As Planner your will be accountable for developing maintenance work plans per the Refinery routine maintenance work process. Generate accurate planning packages, cost estimates, and create task lists for repeatable jobs utilizing SAP. Local candidates preferred. No relocation or per diem will be paid.
1. Plan and estimate labor, material, and service resources for maintenance.
2. Develop plan task list library in SAP and planning package library for repeatable maintenance tasks.
3. Generate accurate and complete planning packages for all planned jobs so craft productivity can be optimized.
4. Constructively resolve priority, scope, job step, and resource requirement issues in partnership with Operations and Maintenance Resources during the planning stage.
5. Provide vacation relief for other Area planners.
6. Critique and adjust plans/task lists for completed jobs based on information returned from crafts and supervision.
7. Notify the Master Equipment Data Owner of any equipment changes or BOM changes.
8. Provide daily communication to Area Scheduler and Maintenance superintendent of status of jobs in PLNN and PLNC status.
9. Provide all planned packages to Area scheduler for review and filing.
10. Provide input and support for Turnaround Planning.
- Able to master SAP for the routine maintenance work process (MM, PM)
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Ability to plan for multi-craft and contractors
- Proficient in Excel and Word. Strong computer skills
- Excellent organization/time management skills.
- 5-10 years of instrumentation Craft and/or Operations experience in chemical or refinery
- Must have at least 3 years of design experience
- Field experience and strong knowledge of electrical, instrumentation, and control systems
- Understanding of the engineering portion of Honeywell, DCS and Instrumentation.
High School Diploma
5-10 + years of electrical design experience within the oil and gas industry
- Drug test and background check required, may be obtained before start of job
- TWIC Card required, may be obtained before start of job
- RSO (20 hr. training)/site specific, may be obtained before start of job
- Hours are 40 hrs. a week 7:00am - 3:30pm
Keywords: california, capital projects, certified, construction, contract, design, designer, designers, designing, direct, downstream, employment, engineer, engineers, engineering, engineering jobs, engineering, job, jobs, lead, licensed, procurement, maintenance projects, oil, gas, oil and gas, oil & gas, oil refinery, petro, petro chemical, petrochemical, petro-chemical, petroleum, p.e, pe, professional, refinery, refining, registration, power plant, process plant, refinery, refineries, refining, relocate, resume, sr, senior, turnaround, upstream