Our client is a major refinery in the Los Angeles area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. Operates an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets.
They are looking for an Estimator to lead estimating efforts for all phases of projects in order to design, procure, and construct Industrial Capital Projects on-time and on-budget.
This person will also be responsible for:
· Oversee project estimates and technical proposals to ensure a qualified, accurate and timely submission
· Perform material take-offs, organize pre-bid data, research historical costs and develop the construction sequence for architectural, structural, civil, mechanical and electrical disciplines
· Cultivate strong business relationships with industry partners, owners, subcontractors and internal corporate teams
· Produce pre-bid construction documents and questions.
· Participate in bid reviews, constructability studies and provide relevant technical solutions to stakeholders
· Manage and facilitate formulation of bid phase project risk registers
· Estimate labor, material and equipment prices based on historical data, costs books and local price quotes
· Estimate and prepare cost sheets in the Icarus/Aspen Tech estimating software
· Organize historical cost and bid information for estimating reference purposes
· Help ensure designs meet applicable building codes including all safety, operational, and commercial objectives
· Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations
· Experience with refining projects
· Associates in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent work experience required
- 5-10 years of estimating experience in industrial construction
- Good technical writing and verbal skills
- Ability to work well and multitask under pressure
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k program
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer