PTS Advance has an immediate need for Instrument Engineers with Refinery expertise. This position is located at a local Refinery in Northern California. This position is a long-term contract. It's a great place to work. Local candidates preferred. No relocation paid.
Under general oversight of Reliability Engineering Superintendent, the engineer ensures that instructions, installation details, standards and codes, tools, materials and workmanship combine to provide instrumentation reliability. Integrate seamlessly with Maintenance, Project Construction and TAR to perform engineering activities. Focus on continuous improvement utilizing feedback and lessons learned strategies.
- Provides technical input into process safety management (PSM) and risk management activities as appropriate such as hazardous operations reviews (HAZOPS), HAZID (hazard identification study), Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA).
- Participates in reliability or equipment-related incident investigations.
- Leads and facilitates Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) as basis for determining targeted corrective actions to reduce/eliminate 'bad actors' or chronically underperforming or failure-prone equipment.
- Ensures refinery compliance with Process Safety Management Mechanical Integrity for refinery equipment.
- Documents and maintains reliability databases for assigned assets. Provides reliability data interpretation, analysis and reporting. Develops and calculates reliability metrics as basis for reliability improvements. Performs cost/benefits analysis for technical solutions.
- Assesses, designs and implements preventive and predictive maintenance programs in collaboration with Maintenance. Develops repairs plans as needed. Advocates benefits of reliability best practices and fosters integration into plant operations. Ensures lessons learned, best practices, reliability action items are implemented. May train/coach hourly craft personnel.
- Provides technical leadership and direction to Engineering Projects and Maintenance teams. May train/coach Maintenance personnel.
- Counsels on industry standards and best practices ensuring work products are technically sound and in accordance with corporate engineering standards and code regulations.
- Collaborates with Maintenance on development and execution of optimized preventive and predictive I&E equipment maintenance programs and processes.
- Provides capital project support through all phases from concept to commissioning for new or modified I&E assets in compliance with Project Management Process standards.
- Provides quality assurance, technical support and consistent application of standards and procedures to Maintenance, Operations and Engineering for new and existing equipment installations. Conducts technical reviews for expense and capital projects to ensure equipment designs meet reliability standards.
- Maintains awareness of emerging technologies and resolves obsolesces issues before they impact the site.
B.S. Degree with min. 10 years in the instrumentation and controls industry.
Proven ability to design and administer I&C designs for water/wastewater and oil/gas projects.
AutoCAD, MS office, Excel, Word, Outlook.
Background/Drug testing/TWIC/RSO training required.